Diagnosing gallbladder problem - delayed blood test

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi,

About 10 days ago I started experiencing incredible pain in my right lower ribs, I couldn't sleep or sit comfortably and felt unwell and nauseous on and off. After a few days I called the doctor and he has booked me in for a blood test, but the soonest they can do it is two weeks time! After the doctor tel call I got a temp two evenings in a row with a rash on my chest. Following that I now have (sorry, TMI) awful smelling poo and farts - like metal is the only way I can describe it. However, the pain and feeling of being generally unwell has diminished now thankfully.

Having now read endlessly about the topic I believe it was my gallbladder. I seem to tick every risk factor to have problems with it. I have had this low lying pain in my right side on and off for 10 years, since I had my first daughter. I thought I had a problem with my ribs brought on by pregnancy. I have had right shoulder pain for years too - I even got a physio friend to look into it! This comes on all the time. So I'm terrified this feeling of feeling so unwell will come back. Two weeks ago I had decided to give keto ago so was eating high fat and fasting til lunch, so I'm convinced that has brought this episode on.

My blood test is still 11 days away - will anything be picked up on that, now I am starting to feel better? And also, has anyone had this long drawn out feeling of being unwell with their gallbladder? It doesn't seem to fit with what I've read about having an acute attack, unless I have an unbelievably high pain threshold (I don't think I do). What should I ask the doctor? Do I need a scan?

Many thanks in advance for any insights/ advice.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.