DIAGNOSIS

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hallo there.

In Oct.2009 my con/dermatologist diagnosed LS after inspection of my vulva. She advised I see con/gynaecologist to have biopsies carried out.

In Feb 2010 con/gyn carried out 1 vaginal and two vulval biopsies under general anesthetic.

Mar 2010 was informed by con/gyn that results of biopsies were all negative. No cancer. No LP. No LS.

She claims I have vulvodynia and is to refer me to a pain management clinic.

I would be greatly interested if any of you experienced this. I have read about False Negative reports and said this to the con/gyn but she insisted that she had full confidence in the results. Any advice would be really appreciated.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi mayocovie..If you read a thread on comfyskins message board from Zoe on the thread cystitis you might find some very good info concerning vulvadynia etc( just come in today),and the pain through the vulva and bladder. Glad to hear your results were constructive and gives you something to work on. As you say misdiagnosis and negatives do seem to overshadow our reasoning and its hard to believe 100 percent what the medics say...Horrible but fact....Lets hope at least that you are free of LS and LP and can get relief for your vulvadynia. Take care Mal
  • Posted

Hi - I was also told I had LS and pedendal nerve damage by a gynaecologist. Yesterday I went to see a dermotologist and now she says she does not think I have LS but Vulva eczema/psoriasis and vulvodynia. She thinks I have the vulvodynia as my bladder is effected and anything that seems to touch that area hurts and I keep on getting burning sensations.

What symtoms are you getting?

I am on tablets for nerve pain which help me get some sleep (Pregablin) and the dermotologist has asked me to wait a month or so to see if the burning, bladder pains settles once I have the eczema under control. If not I also have to go and see a consultant who deals with pain. Do you think anything set yours off?

• Posted

Hi Maycovie and Mickey1

I was diagnosed 2 years ago with vulvadynia and psoriosis was treated with oestrogen cream then steroid cream, then diagnosed with l.s. and obviously now awaiting results for lp. The treatments i had are the same so i would advise you to keep treating as you have been. the spray that Zoe talks about on the comyskin message board sounds a bit like the instagel that i've been given to use. Whether it's ls or not it's obviously a vulva problem and needs ongoing investigation on a regular basis so don't be fobbed off and insist you are seen by a gynae/derm consultant at least 6 monthly. Take care.

gbs

• Posted

Hallo gbs.

Lets try to get the facts together.

Who diagnosed vulvadynia+psoriosis. What were the symptoms.

Who diagnosed LS. What were symptoms. Did a biopsy confirm LS.

Who diagnosed LP. What were symptoms. Will a biopsy confirm LP.

Did the oestrogen cream help the vuval tissue to repair.

You know my history. I have no itch. Sore spot on introitos.

Oestrogen cream irritated my vulva.

Now take Vagifem internally. This repairs tissue but does not burn vulva

Breast cancer risk minimal as very little absorbed into bloodstream after the first few weeks.

I agree thoroughly with all vulval problems must be observed professionally. Your message very helpful. Thanks gbs. How is your stitch. Have you a lot of pain. Hope to hear from you. may

• Posted

Hi Maycovie,

G.p. perscribed oestrogen cream for sore/itchy /sometimes few very itchy bumps on vulva approx 3 years ago.

Then low dose steroid cream.

2 years ago - sex very painful, worsened over time.

Referred to gyanae consultant who diagnosed psoriosis / vulvadynia, given higher dose steroid (dermovate)

Last year - biopsy diagnosed ls same gynae/dermatologist (lucky enough to have both in same clinic) consultant

January this year - visually diagnosed with lp awaiting result of biopsy.

Still using dermovate couple of times a week (not at mo obviously)

Stitches sorer at mo, tightening. ls attacking as no steroid used!!!!!vicious circle. Read my post on **** message board.

Take care

gbs

[color=red:5e47aa9e6e][size=9:5e47aa9e6e][b:5e47aa9e6e][i:5e47aa9e6e](Sorry but Patient Admin have removed either a telephone number, an email address, a postal address and or web address, from this posting, as it is the policy of Patient UK not to publish these on this forum.

If you wish to communicate directly with people, you should register, for free, with the forum (click Register in the menu list below the green banner above). You and other registered members will then be able to communicate with each other via Private Messaging (PM) or e-mail.) [/i:5e47aa9e6e][/b:5e47aa9e6e][/size:5e47aa9e6e][/color:5e47aa9e6e]

• Posted

Hallo gbs

One of my biopsies was from the vagina and this proved to be the most bothersome. I soaked in warm water with lavender oil morning and evening. I also had to rest a lot to allow it to heal. To be honest it was too painful to walk or stand too long. So be sure to rest gbs. Thank you for the info. We seem to be waiting for results eternally!!!!! May

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.