Diagnosis of IBS

Posted , 6 users are following.

Around 2-3 weeks ago, I started constantly at night nearly every night waking up with upset stomach, feeling sick and not being able to sleep or move without sitting there for around 2 hours with something warm on my stomach to sooth it. At first I thought it was Acid Reflux as I've had that several times before and it wasn't going to be a surprise either. Tried taking Rennes and Omeprazole I think it's called and it didnt take it away.

I googled my symptoms whilst on holiday last week and found that everything that was happening especially my change in toilet habits. I normally go 2 to 3 times a day and now I was constipated and then suddenly turned into diarrohea. I knew I had IBS. I've been taking buscopan for the past week used all the 20 tablets over a period of 7 days and now it feels a lot better through the day and the last two days at night has been fine. I felt a little sick last night from it and the hot compress worked a treat accompanied by one buscopan.

my question is: Is there any way I can get rid of this for good? It has been a pain for the past 2-3 weeks, I've never had it before, I'm 20 years of age and a healthy weight. Last week it almost ruined my holiday and I'm going away in November to Budapest and I don't want to have that ruined.

Thanks in advance!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Brendan,  that's it if you had ibs diagnosed that's your new life! Keep talking on here. 

• Posted

Yea unformtualy this is life now I feel your pain bc I go through the same thing I'm up all night and day I go so much and I'm in pain and being law enforcement it's become even more difficult.

• Posted

IBS isn't curable I'm new to it they just give meds to help the pain... yoga helps. Walking for 15min a day . do you know which IBS you have. ? 

• Posted

If you do have IBS (get checked out by a dr) then all you can do is manage symptoms. Heat and buscopan work great for cramps. Antacids are great for nausea, I also find anything mint helps- mint tea is good for not, but be careful it doesn't set off your reflux.

• Posted

Hi Brendan,  I've read all the comments and I agree once you're diagnosed you can sort your life.  Even on the toughest days when my ibs flares I naturally walk to try to remove the pain.  I sometimes take medication then go out.  I've learnt to take each day as it comes. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.