Diagnosis query

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

Ive been dealing with my depression ptsd and anxiety for a while now and have been medicated in the past (stopped due to side effects) and am in talking therapy.

Whilst my GP (I'm from the UK) has prescribed me antidepressants in the past, I'm unsure if this means I've been diagnosed?

I ask since I'm going through the stages of uni registration and it's asking if I have mental health problems. I know I do, but I'm unsure if I can prove it since I'm also unsure if I've been properly diagnosed or anything.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

you can call your primary care doctor and ask if you’ve been diagnosed.they should be able to tell you that after they properly identify you over the phone. tell them your situation at University and that you need to know. it will all work out.

• Posted

Antidepressants are physical enhancing but do nothing for the mental state apart from give you a calmness. You must maintain taking the drug to feel good. What you need to do is socially explore and invest in your relationships. Once you do this things will get better. Eating too much sugar is great for taste but it causes issues in oral infections and also physical issues. Mentally its the same thing with antidepressants. What you need to do is eat sugar but in different ways which are more healthier or you could try canderel. Emotionally that is spirituality and other things you can do to maintain a healthy mind. Only you can put yourself at ease.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.