Diagnosis/symptoms waiting results

Posted , 2 users are following.

Just wondering if anyone can help me, i was admitted to hospital this week with an unexplained sudden tremor in my hands and arms, I have had several blood tests all negative but have been told they are now doing an autoimmune screening for lupus as I was already having investigations for joint pain, swelling and stiffness in my hands and a rash on my chest, although I haven’t got a facial rash.

I already have hypothyroidism, diabetes and syjrogens syndrome... is it likely that I could have Lupus. I know I should just wait but it drive me mad....

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

just wanna tell you should keep calm. Lupus is uneasy to diagnose, your doctor can offer many types of tests before having an accurate diagnosis. More anxiety only worsens your condition. If the result is positive with lupus, your doctor will prescribe some medications and supplement that can help relieve lupus symptoms and control lupus flares. Reducing stress and avoiding triggers are very important if you have lupus. On a whole, there's no accurate diagnosis now, you should keep your mind at ease. Hope you get better soone and hear  your good news 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.