Diagnosised with Barrett's Esaphugus!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was diagnosed with Barrett's Esaphugus about 2 weeks ago and with my family history (my grandmother died age 52 with esphagus cancer) my GI doctor wants to do a endoscopy and burn the Barrett's out..what is my chances of me getting Barrett's back wants it gets burned out??..and what is my chances of getting cancer??

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

He wants to burn the Barrett's? Why, do you have dysplasia? if not I don't see the reason for burning it yet. Calm down, Barrett's is not so serious as you think it is, read the new studies...

• Posted

They can work wonders with Barrett's nowadays and you will always be monitored. Try not to worry - easier said than done, I know. Your grandmother wouldn't have had the monitoring and preventative procedures but you will. Take care and try to relax.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.