Dialated pupils?

Posted , 5 users are following.

does anybody else have dialated pupils because you take citalopram? just wondering if i should worry.. on 10 weeks so far

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Dilated pupils is listed as one of the uncommon side-effects. I suggest you let your GP know as it is also listed a a symptom of overdose.

• Posted

I had this on and off for a while I'd say if they are dilated all of the time see your doctor but I had spells of it on and off and it didn't do me any harm.

• Posted

i also had it for a while and only happened when i woke up.i looked all bugout and scare.but after a few weeks it went away.

• Posted

Hi Candy, its one of the side effects, do you have any other side effects eg agitation, racing heart? definitely worth speaking with your doctor, its good to report everything to them.

• Posted

Likewise at week 11 ish and I do notice my pupils are a bit enlarged. This has happened before. It seems to happen sporadically. It has happened previously when on cit, must admit I didn't report and it probably is better to do so, just to be on safe side. Although most likely it isn't anything serious.

People who have taken mdma have enlarged pupils... and as ssri s also work on same serotonin system, it probably is just a result of having higher amount of serotonin in the brain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.