dialysis soon?

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi my GFR is not 14, drop from 18 to 14 in just 3 weeks time.

i met my renal doctor today and she told me that probably my kidney is progressing .

i did not feel any unwell or i used to those unwell already. so i asked her when i should start dialsysis. she just said will closely monitor me.

i am only 35, i scare a lot of thing in future. though i already prepare for the worst. but i still scare, i scare pain, i scare my body too weak and can not take it. 

thank for your listening ears.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I understand your scare. You seem so young to have these problems.
    • Posted

hi i have kidney problem since i was a kid.

i have lupus and the disease keep attacking my kidney.

and now, it become CKD and is progressing fast now.

• Posted

I get very cross when I hear doctors let people go away scared.

There is absolutely no reason to be scared about dialysis.  It is a life-saver, makes you feel better and gives you plenty of time for medicine to come up with cures or until transplant becomes an option or available. It doesn't cause pain.

I wonder, sometimes, how many other people on the bus going to work or dropping the kids off at school are on dialysis.  Probably lots.  Just because they do not have an arm in a sling or walk with a stick does not mean they don't have these kinds of problems.

Please, love life,  Live it to the full, you have lots of it before you. It is much harder to get about with inflamed bunions or gout than it is when you are on dialysis, besides, it may not even come to that for a while yet and your body is a wonderful gift that gets on with looking after itself without your help most of the time.

Wishing you well..

• Posted

First, try not to be scared. I know that is hard to say with so many unknowns going on. My husband and I have been there and it took time to understand that this is something we can fight. He was at a stage 3b which caused hypercoagulatiin which then caused terrible DVTs. Once in Jan 2016 and again in apr 2016. We were told the DVTs should have killed him and this was so serious. A long path of changing drs and going to university hospital UNC in u.s. Sav d him. Now fighting the kidney disease that caused this he has followed strict Mediterranean diet drinks water throughout day, sometimes with lemon takes vitamins to help various areas and has gone to a stage 1. It is still a battle of ups and downs but we're fighting and you can too. This will be a life battle but do your research. Get into battle mode because it is a war. Try not to get discouraged please ask any questions at all. Remember it is a life change and there is hope. Medical field making strides on treatments but you have to do your part in making your body as healthy as possible. Also. My husband does 50 min of cardio exersize 5 times a week per instruction to keep heart optimum since kidney disease can affect that later. Never give up!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.