Diamond Eye (AcrySof Monofocal)

Posted , 8 users are following.

Just wanted to mention that my family can see it in certain light. I saw it for the first time today when plucking my eyebrows in a magnifying mirror. It's very freaky and bounces up and down. My son thinks it's cool. I think it's fascinating. But yes, it does look like this (but without the concentric circles):

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I can see it my Acrysof Multifocal as well. It's a bit weird but much better than not being able to see clearly.

• Posted

wow I have tried and tried but cannot see mine - nor does my family or friends. Wonder if it has to do with eye color?

• Posted

Someone mentioned that it is more prominent in the AcrySof brand, which is indeed what I have. It may not be an issue with Symphony. My son now thinks I'm cool, so hey--it's a perk! HAHA!

• Posted

yes sometimes we have to go with flow - lol. I have light colored blue eyes and do not see it with Symfony. Did use my daughters make up mirror that magnifies everything and still can't see anything.

• Posted

I believe it is specific to Alcon lenses.

• Posted

I was told by my surgeon that it tends to be more obvious in light eyes. I wanted to avoid it in my green eyes, so I went with the Tecnis brand instead.

• Posted

I have light eyes, so maybe he's right.

• Posted

My daughter saw it in mine. I thought it had to do with the IOL flicker I've experienced but I guess not. My eyes are gray.

• Posted

I also have grey eyes. I could see it REALLY well at one point and saw that it was actually yellow! My son says I look like an alien trying hide among human beings but my eye gives me away! LOL!

• Posted

Hi Ash Mac and all others on this great community resource. This is my first post so please be nice.

Is yours the Alcon SN60WF Monofocal Lens and do you see and perceive 'Glistening' as reported elsewhere? Also did you go for Monovision or regular correction?

My ophthalmologist is recommending this lens and does not do Tecnis so it looks like I'll need a new clinician as I'm leaning heavily towards Tecnis which doesn't seem to have any reports of these issues! And especially as the new Eyehance with EDOF has just become available here which in a Monovision configuration could give me near vision to around 66cm! 😃

Anyway, hope it has all worked out OK for you and will for my surgery too in 3 weeks.

Regards,

DD

• Posted

hi did you have your surgery? if yes then which lens you have? i have Alcon and my eye looks so weird.

• Posted

i have same lens and i can see it in the mirror too

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.