Diaphragmatic Hernia - what next?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi, will try and keep this as short as i can but not getting anywhere with my docs and surgeon is slow in his assessment. After months of abdominal pain and all the usual symptoms, a CT scan last week has shown a 5cm + diaphragmatic hernia that is either restricting the bowel or causing bother with my bowel, my doc didnt have clear results. im in a lot of discomfort, but currently toilet and sickness is ok. ive had increased heart rate and tremoring throughout my body for about 6 weeks which my docs have said is caused by anxiety, im not convinced, im sure its something to do with the hernia. please, has anyone and experience, advice or knowledge of what will happen next as i just want it removed and to be able to get on with my life, i can literally feel it under my ribs all the time and sometimes it feels like its sucking the life out of me, currently waiting for surgeon to look in his intray and see the report. Thanks in advance 😃

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Surgeon has read report this morning and ive to go to see him 9am tomorrow - yikes!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.