diarrhea after eating food

Posted , 3 users are following.

yesterday i had rice turkey potato salad & a lot of lasagna (i have acid reflux so ik i shouldnt be eating that) & after some hours i started getting bloated. i then took it upon myself to go eat another piece of lasagna about 2 hours before bed and woke up out of my sleep feel super nauseous with stomach cramps bloated and felt the urge to have a bowel movement. my stomach has been growling & gnawing all day on & off i didnt throw up the nausea went away quickly but i just feel uneasiness in my stomach & the urge to make a bowel movement all day. i spent 2 & 1/2 hours on the toilet straight this morning. ive had the stomach flu before but i felt worse than this with the stomach flu. i also been having palpitations most of the day it calmed down now & i feel fatigue

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Avoid the foods that caused your symptoms and don't eat before going to bed.

• Posted

It sounds like you could have food poisoning. It could have been the turkey if it had been left out for a while, not being too hot or too cold, it could grow bacteria that could make you ill. Also you mentioned rice which can give you food poisoning if it had been at room temperature for a while. drink plenty of water to keep hydrated. If it gets really bad phone the doctor.

• Posted

I heard that the temperature of the rice is not what causes food poisoning. Rather, rice itself can actually go off and will taste sour. I learned this from someone who is from the far east and for whom rice is their staple diet.

• Posted

I am glad you are feeling better now maybe it was a 24 hour bug

• Posted

now it feels like my stomach is always empty like i constantly need to eat so bad till i feel weak and shaky

• Posted

Have you tried those electrolyte sachet drinks that helps restore your salts and sugars after diarrhea and sickness? That may help. If you feel like you are getting worse though, get in touch with your doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.