Diarrhea during the semester

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello,

I have a problem with diarrhea when I'm in college. I started studying a year ago. The first semester was OK, sometimes in the morning when I came to university I had to go to the toilet (not diarrhea) but after that was everything OK whole day. But since the second semester I have been suffering from diarrhea every day (now I'm in third semester). Usually my problem starts in the morning when I'm still home. Then at school I have to go to the toilet before every exercise/lecture and sometimes during them. But after school is everything OK, as soon as the last exercise/lecture is finished. I don't have diarrhea at home, sometimes I feel gassy or I have something like loud gurgling and growling (especially when I eat, for example, milk or mustard)... My pooping is very loud and explosive, sometimes is more sparse and sometimes not, I feel no pain. Besides this, I have no other stomach problems. My doctor sent me to a psychologist saying I was overloaded (and stress), it's true that I'm under stress (I have a lot of homeworks) so I thought it would solve my problem. But after a few psychologist visits and some weeks of exercise, yoga and other antistress exercises I feel no change. I don't think I can have these problems only from stress.

Has anyone had a similar problem?

I will be glad for any advice!

(sorry for my bad english)

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It could be the food you regularly eat. Suggest you consult a registered dietition or nutritionist.

• Posted

I think there is a connection between your symptoms and college since that's when your bowel acts up and that stress is playing a part in your flare ups since you have less of a problem at home. You may have the start of IBS, so see a general doctor rather than a psychologist because other causes will need to be ruled out with tests. Try a food diary to see if you have any other food triggers.

• Posted

try try eating yogurt two to three times a day before meals the kind that has the cultures in it or go to the drugstore and get the culture pills this will help with the gurgling

• Posted

try try eating yogurt two to three times a day before meals the kind that has the cultures in it or go to the drugstore and get the culture pills this will help with the gurgling

• Posted

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.