Diarrhea multiple times a day

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had a problem with my bowel movements for about a month now. Every morning I wake up feeling fine, but within an hour or two of being up I get lower belly cramping and then the somewhat sudden urge to relieve myself. After that I leave for work, and end up excusing myself 4-5 times a day to have small, soft poops (but sometimes I do get another round of watery and gassy diarrhea). I have not changed my diet recently, in fact I have been eating much less than I used to and I have been eating healthier than I was last year. I do indulge in craft beers and wine with my boyfriend a few nights a week, but compared to the amount I drank in college (and I never had a problem in college - which was 2 years ago) I really have cut down on my drinking.

I have also experienced 4 or 5 yeast infections in the last 3 months. This has never happened before either, and I feel like it may be connected in some way. 

In addition, I have certainly felt more fatigued lately. I also noticed that I am much more irritable than usual, and I have less patience and get frustrated much quicker than my usual easy-going and happy self.

I sincerely hope someone out there may have an answer for me, but I wanted to hear from others before spending the money to see a medical professional. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I really do sympathise with you everything you have said mirrors my life all I have been told is change my diet and look at the fodmap diet, I am a different person to what I was two years ago can't eat anything fatty without my stomach bloating and being painful, do you have anxiety issues? Miy problems started when I was having s bad time at work started having panic attacks then the stomach problems started, sorry if I am not much help but you are not alone x

• Posted

I never heard of the fodmap diet, but hell, I'm willing to try it if it helps me feel normal again! I don't think I suffer from anxiety, although I did just get a new job and was immediately promoted and am under a decent amount of stress at the moment (it's a fast paced job with lots to learn in a short amount of time). Thank you for the info!

• Posted

Have you seen any doctor for your problems yet?
    • Posted

Not yet, I am thinking of making an appointment. It's just tough because I live far from my family doctor at the moment.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.