Diarrheoa for days reflux nausea

Posted , 4 users are following.

Please can someone help I'm having diarrheoa over last four days I have reflux every time I eat anything remotely sweet it stands I'm eating very bland food I'm losing weight 

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello,

?You might just have a bad stomach bug.  

?As for the reflux, I'm not sure what could be causing this.  Have you ever had reflux problems before?  I would contact your doctor just to make sure they know what's going on.  Having diarrhea for four days is not good.  Make sure you are drinking water to help not dehydrate.

Hope you feel better.

• Posted

Try Imodium to calm your diarrhoea; avoid the foods that cause reflux.  Try antacids or milk to calm the reflux.  Since you have had reflux and diarrhoea for four days, it may be a bug.  Drink plenty fluids to stop dehydration from the diarrhoea.  If no better after one week, see your doctor.
    • Posted

I've had gastritis for 6 months never had a upper endoscopy was told by my symptoms when dr just examined me that it could be gastritis n was given omperazole n basically left to it. Changed my way of eating drastically two weeks ago n now basically eat very blandly chicken veg fruit nothing unhealthy I've cut out sweets choc cakes bisc everything that's basically not good for me. I've lost a few pounds which I'm v pleased about do not drink tea coffee alcohol was never drinking alcohol anyway no soda but I can't say my gastritis has improve a bit I've now got diarrheoa n gurgling stomach 24/7 have lump in my throat which makes me cough do not and never have suffered from anxiety but I just don't have the energy to do much at all 

• Posted

I feel that I've made so many changes diet wise that really I'd have thought I will be feeling more healthy but no I don't. Cos feel so lethargic maybe it's early days yet I just wonder if something else is going on in my stomach never really suffered from diarrheoa before if anything it was more constipation 

• Posted

The lump in your throat and coughing are acid reflux symptoms which I have had.  Ask your doctor to up your omeprazole and it may be worth it to ask your doctor about IBS since you bowel habits have changed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.