Diarrhoea after a meal, What could be the problem?

Posted , 3 users are following.

For the last 3 days, after any meal or simple snack, i suddenly get painful sudden movements in my abdomen which is accompanied by loud grumbles and a watery stool with traces of mucus when I visit the toilet. I feel relieved for 15 to 20 minutes before getting the urge to visit the toilet again. This can go on for over 4 hours.

I have a history of;

• Peptic Ulcer disease but it been well managed and I haven't had any problems related to it in a very long time.
  • Lactose intolerance (but in this case neither of the foods I consumed was a dairy product)

What could the problem be and how can I manage it?

It seems acute but very worrying.

Thanks for your time.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

It may be a sign of oncoming irritable bowel syndrome. Discuss it with your doctor.

• Posted

Thanks @pippa58442 and @lester90053 I will try out both options and let you know if it works out

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.