Diarrhoea after eating all types of food.... what is it?

Posted , 7 users are following.

**I've done several posts about my severe diarrhoea and am now curious to why my poop has white bits in it? It happens on the odd occasion and I literally eat all sorts of food, i,e toast, bananas, kiwi fruit, oats simple, cheerio's, egg and soldiers. I'm now going to the toilet about 4-5 days a day, all of which is diarrhoea! Yesterday my stool was quite solid and thats really been the only time in 2 weeks it has been. I was awoken a 1am this morning with severe diarrhoea... Having eaten cheerios and milk about half 10 at night. Could what I am eating be causing my diarrhoea as that's literally all the food I have eaten over the two weeks? **

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Milk &/or Gluten intolerance? Celiac or IBS? You seem to be eating lots of cereal grains and milk. Good luck and get well.

• Posted

You should be able to detect the particular food by starting to eat only particular food items. Starting with one food item only for a week, observe it for a week. And then gradually add more food items.

• Posted

Hi rachell90433

You may be wheat, gluten and lactose intolerant. Try leaving out cereal and milk for a week to see if the bowel movements change to normal.

Keep a journal of the foods you eat and see if they correlate with diahorrea... if so change your diet to gluten free, wheat free and lactose free in all foods. all of which are available in popular supermarkets under 'free from' foods....

• Posted

You did not indicate whom you have seen professionally. A certified dietition or nutritionist could put you on a menu that can improve your condition.

• Posted

Hi, I've not seen anyone professionally. I'm only stating what I have eaten over the past few weeks and seeing if anyone has suffered the same issues when eating these foods. I can't understand how I could possibly have this much diarrhoea when I have eaten so little

• Posted

Try a food diary to see what foods may be causing diarrhoea. That will tell you if cheerios and milk are triggering it.

• Posted

I have had the same issues! I went through a really bad bout of diarrhea whilst on holiday, and never completely recovered. Weirdly, food in the morning never affected me, it was always after lunch, about half an hour to an hour. I cut out dairy, wheat, caffeine, fizzy drinks and obviously sugar (I was being a bit lax about sugar, so I became very strict again). I was back and forth to the doctors and eventually tried dealing with the issue by eating virtually nothing. The doctor tried treating me for IBS but I think I have found the solution.

I am heavily wheat intolerant. The thing about wheat intolerance is that the symptoms can go on for weeks. Also, my gut seems to react to the intolerance by suddenly rejecting food I could eat before, which really confused things. Please alter your diet for at least two weeks. I suspect it's wheat and dairy which are your problems. Honestly, they caused stomach pains for me, I was sure I had something hugely awful. I am now, at the moment, actually quite comfortable for the first time in months. I still get terrified about going anywhere, which doesn't help, but I think the problems are more psychological now. I was eating some sausage rolls as a treat once a week, and this seems to have caused problems through the next few days until Monday rolled around again, and I'd have some more. I didn't have any last week, and wow, no really bad problems. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.