Diarrhoea and nausea

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm nearly 3 months post op and the last two days have had bad diarrhoea. I haven't eaten anything different or unusual, in fact I've hardly eaten cause of nausea. I'm also getting a dull pain where my gallbladder use to be and a pain where my belly button incision is. These started first and then came the diarrhoea. The nausea I get every now again.

What can I take for the diarrhoea or do I just wait for it to pass?

Thanks

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi renee, since you had surgery I think you should talk to your doctor before taking anything.  Immodium Multi Symptom has always worked for me, but if you see a Gastro doc he should be able to stop the nausea and the D at the same time...good luck

• Posted

I get the trots every now and then with the same foods, and I get the phantom pains as well at times. A call to your GP might mot hurt.
    • Posted

Phantom pains! Good name. Like phantom limb.

I'll see how it is tomorrow and call the doc if it's still there. It's not fun but still better then the pain I was in before. Just have to be more aware of what my body's telling me. My tummy just sounds like there's a thunderstorm going on inside!!

• Posted

I get that at times. Happens with chicken. Some times I can eat it and have no issues, other times. It causes bad cramping and D.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.