Diarrhoea since December

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

I have had diarrhoea since December.

My GP knows

She ordered 2 stool tests, one postal to get tested at lac, and one to go to surgery, both came back negative.

I had blood tests last week and am going to the doctor in 2 days to discuss results.

I had blood tests before for diarrhoea, as the GP thought i might have coeliac, that came back negative.

I started on one imodium a day but now I need 3

I am worried i will need a colonoscopy, i cannot take sedation as i am weaning off a benzodiazepine under medical supervision and a sedative will interfere with the taper.

I cannot stand the smell of nitrous oxide, (gas and air), i am autistic and this is probably why i hate the smell.

I hope a colonoscopy is not needed.

I have never had diarrhoea for this long since a few years ago, and an increase in my oestrogen part of my hrt cured it, however, this caused bleeding, the hrt was reduced and the diarrhoea did not return as the menopause symptoms got better.

I am not worried about cancer, but the diarrhoea is getting worse and i worry about incontinence.

I have chronic stress, the cause of which can not just be taken away, so i am terrified.

The BRAT diet sounds too low in nutrition.

Any help appreciated.

PS I am from the uk so use the NHS

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi christine, this is not good as you say! if they have to test they will find a way round. have you spoken to anyone but your doctor about this? a dietitian should be offered to you and some medicine so your bowel doesn't work as fast as it does. has anyone told you not to have milk or things with milk in? try to have less first and see what happens, sorry try for just 2 weeks. autism is a condition based on boundaries, rules and procedures but also consistency none of which seems to be the case for your poor bowel! you are maybe very stressed? get someone to go with you for all appointments, write things down and ask questions. you need truth then your mind will cope then your bowel might be a bit better? id they stop your medicine your on what can happen, make doctors tell you. i gave coeliac disease and negotiated deep sedation to get the tests i needed as i saw it as a means to an end. i nearly walked out of the hospital that day but didn't because they accepted deep sedation and not totally knocking me to sleep with drugs. it can be sorted so you can have what you want as a patient, not what they want. once you have any procedure done you may have to never have anything else again. do you think that sounds ok? i do wish you luck, seriously! 😁😁🤔

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.