DIAZAPAM ADDICTION

Posted , 4 users are following.

have been taking them for a few years now i started takin them to help me get of herion,which i have done i am on methadone now but want off the methadone the diazapam help a bit when i take lower doses of meth than what the doc prescribed.does anybody have any other ideas on coming of the meth as i want to stop the diazepam by tapering off them at the moment im on 40mg a day pls help

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi robert

sorry, do you want advice on coming of the meth or the diazepam. If you are using the diazepam to taper off the meth how is that going. 40mg is a lot of diazepam. You could drop down from 40mg diazepam to 20mg without much problem (large cuts are easier when you are taking such high quantities then taper slowly from there, look up the Ashton manual. It depends what you want to tackle first the meth or the diazepam .

• Posted

Sorry meant to ask how much methadone are you taking.
    • Posted

im on 75ml daily at the moment i was at 180ml at one stage got to 100 and been feeling crap for a while so they started reducing slower till i got to 75 ml now im stable with the help of diazapam not prescribed but they r good ones yellows actvis want of the meth first then the pills m8 any suggestions
  • Posted

Hi Robert,

drop down to 30mg diaz for 1 week , then to 20 mg for 2 weeks and then reduce by 2 mg every 2 weeks , keep in touch with your Doc, re methodone .

• Posted

thanks alan i will give it a try but is a 10mg drop a bit much m8
  • Posted

10mg drop would do nothing to me...we are all different so try how you go, Alans advice sounds best. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.