Diazapam and alcohol ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi there I'm a 42 year old male who has been diagnosed with health anxiety . I have ulcerative colitis and was on three heavy doses of steroids since October last year the last dose was in Jan. I had anxietybefore steroids but the side effects put my anxiety on to another level.

My psychiatrist has put me on 4mg of Diazapam daily 2 mg in morning and 2mg in the evening with this has been since January with a view to eventually coming off them in the next few months .

If I took a 2mg of Diazapam at 0830 and had a few beers in the evening say 1900 would this be ok or do you have to be off the drug completely before you can touch Alcohol ? Is alcohol and Diazapam in any quantity a complete no go ?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yea you cant drink. Bad idea. Forst of all after all thise steriods theres yeast in yiur gut to begin with. To add beer is going to bloat you up nicely. Also its horrible for ulcerative collitis and makes no sense to drink it while on any medicine. Stay away from beer and any alcohol.
  • Posted

definitely do not drink alcohol whilat on diazepam. In fact, quit the beer - it can't be helping the ulcerative colitis!

Hope you feel better soon, Ross.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.