DIAZAPAM HELP

Posted , 6 users are following.

Been prescribed Diazapam (2mg) n to help with the panicky feeling i get whilst withdrawing from venlaxaxine.

Never taken it before so not sure what to expect.

Iv been signed off work now for 10 days, due to go back Friday (just the thought sends my haert racing) , i work face to face in a very busy retail environment on customer services!

Will take Diazapam before i go to work relax me so i dont feel that anxiety or will it make me sleepy and unable to focus?

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi flower82

I'm currently on venlafaxine 225mg but in the past stopped taking it cold turkey so I know where you are coming from.

I've taken diazepam in the past and Taking 2mg will just help to keep you calm. Before you getting yourself offto bed, try and have a relaxing bath first then when in bed take the 2mg and just try and relax. bed. You will then start to feel the effects. From my experience it hasn't made me drowsy the next morning but more fresher.

Hope it helps

Carebear xx

• Posted

Hey thanks for reply, i feel fine before bed and currently sleeping like a bubba despite the strange dreams!

I was thinking more of the effect it would have if i take it just before work as apposed to before bed. I need to be "with it" and not away with the fairies xx

• Posted

Hi

I've only ever taken it when I'm very anxious and unable to keep still or over thinking to calm myself at home. If i was in your position, I wouldn't take it just before you go to work but the night before. That is the only time when I've taken it before going back to work after 5 months off. Sorry not much help.

Carebear x

• Posted

Thanks I will take it Thursday night smile I could take Friday off and go back monday but that's just delaying things, just want normal life again! X
  • Posted

Hi flower82, I came off venlafaxine in October time, its a hard thing to come off! Be careful of the diazepam, its highly addictive. My doctor put me on it about 3 weeks ago, I was on 6mg a day but took me off them afler only 6 days. I didnt really feel that they affected me in concentration nor did it make me sleepy. The doc put me on trazodone 50mg in the morning, it helpped loads with my anxiety but it made me so tired all the time. Fort I might just get used to it, I just couldn't hack the tiredness any longer so rang doc back, now im on trazodone 50mg at bed time but the anxiety is back with revenge! !!

Is it this Friday ur back at work? Let us know how you get on and good luck hun!!! X

• Posted

Hey small steps

yeah I was worried about taking it due to addiction issues in my younger days! Did u stop venlafaxine cold turkey? How long till that fuzzy off balance feeling goes?? Yes this friday! Eeeeeek !!! Nervous in case its a harsh reality check that im actually a complete mess but excited that its the first big step towards being me again ! smile

Thank u xx

• Posted

Took a couple of weeks for it to all go away. For two days I took half the amount then zero after that.

Try looking up some relaxation breathing techniques on the Internet to help you cope with the anxiety when ur at workand practice them before Friday. make sure they are discreet excisises, will look a bit odd if u start doing yoga in the middle of the shop floor!! Good luck will be thinking of you on Friday x

• Posted

Aw do think? ? Im sure we do sell yoga mats! :0 actually made me really giggle! And yes I will look for some! Funnily enough though im considering taking uo yoga or pilates ... anything is worth a go, im just so derermibed to try and stay off meds not that I think thete is anything wrong with people that do.

Cheers hun! Ill let u know how it goes smile x I just hope I dont get a moody old git that starts (customers can be buggers) ill either break down or let rip! Anything but the professional approach ha ha xx

• Posted

Oh god yeah!! Im a copper! Customers can be pretty challenging at times! Lol xx
  • Posted

Are you smile gosh what a challenge ..... do u carry a yoga mat lol! Back to the venlafaxine, I feel great z (mood wose) is this a false emotion if that makes sense? Did u feel ok and did u continue to feel ok or am I in for a depressive shock?? X
  • Posted

Its been really weird for me. Sometimes I feel like a drug works for a week or so and then I realise that its not actually doing anything for me. I've been on so many different pills since September 2012, I just remember that coming off the venafaxine was a tuffy!!
  • Posted

Well I was on 150 for 2 years, dropped to 75+37.5 for 2 weeks, side effects were so bad that I felt like an class a addict! That's when I decided sod it may as well take a week or so off, go cold turkey and fight it but jeez its been one hell of a roller coaster ill be glad to gey off! 6 days in so surely over the worst!
  • Posted

Hi

My GP gave me 5mg tablets of diazepam to help me with cope with coming off sertraline. I'd only taken the sertraline for 26 days, but I suffered a very extreme reaction to it. My anxiety went through the roof, thoughts of suicide, the whole nine yards. My GP swapped me to amitriptyline, but advised me to use the diazepam 'as and when' until the amitriptyline started to work.

I was very wary of taking diazepam, but basically I had no choice, I was that desperate for the rocketing anxiety to stop.

I took three 5mg of diazepam during the next day, and it worked very effectively. Within 30 minutes I was much calmer, more centered and felt like my 'normal' self. It was such a huge relief to feel like 'me' again. It didn't make me drowsy, or confused, it just made me feel normal again.

Luckily by the next day the amitriptyline had already started to work, so I didn't feel the need to take any more diazepam, and I haven't taken any since. But, as a very short term 'fix' they were excellent.

• Posted

I don't feel any noticeable effect, when I've taken a 2mg. Maybe just taken the edge off me but nothing more.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.