Diazepam

Posted , 3 users are following.

during my depression i was given mirtazapine  and diazepam.  I have almost got off the mirtazapine but still take 5mg diazepam at 2am to get back to sleep.   I dont really want to have to take it but cannot drop it or i dont sleep.  I have tried taking 4mg to try to drop slowly down buti had to take one during the day due to anxiety spike, 

i dont like taking this med but feel stuck.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ann.

One step at a time i think. You have almost tackled the Mirtzapine addiction. Give yourself a pat on the back for doing that..Now try slowly to come off Diazepam. Also note that you are definitely not alone, and dont feel bad about it. Thousands if not millions are going through some sort of battle which often are addictions. I certainly have anyway. Controlling it is the key.

• Posted

yes one day at a time just came on my one yr anniversary quit smoking and caffeine at same time on Xanax low dse for anxiety and not sleeping if i get 2 to 3 hr at yhe most on a good day had operation half lung removed and having all these symptoms are from that didnt have them before but maybe ciggs hit them but one day at a time
  • Posted

well done  im on mirtazapine and pregabalin

was told diazepam only for short time  one week

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.