diazepam and tranxene for withdrawal

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am in my first day took 7.5 of the tranxene plus 5 of the diazepam.the day went ok was out and about this am a little tired got up at 4:30 bed  at 10 middle of the afternoon exhaustion hit I fell asleep something I almost never do.other than that I feel ok....so far I know trouble may be brewing hope wd is not ahead .I started anew discussion as the dizzy days was really getting a following. I hope Dave and Craig will follow this as I will let them know how this wd method is working for me...also need all the support I can get as this is alonely battle and untested ground .Thank you much love 

Carolbiggrin

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Just curious as to which medication you are addicted? I don't see any mention of that here. The reason I ask, is I noticed one persons comment below:

[[tootsie58 carol20979 • about an hour ago

Why are you taking traxene it is another benzo.

I am lost for words why someone would add another benzo

to the mix.]]

If the addiction is to Xanax, it only has a half-life of about 1 hour. So, to answer "tootsies" question, the reason is likely the relatively long half-life of Tranxene, which is 40-50 hrs. This allows one to have those benzo receptors filled up for a longer time, and makes it much longer before WDs kick in. Also, another helpful factor when tring to mitigate the effets of WDs, is that it is usually much easier to titrate down longer half-life meds, while kicking addiction. Diazepam is useful for the same reason that Tranxene is, the half-life can be as high as 200 hours in some people.

• Posted

absolutely right mate thats exactly what Carol and I are working on. By switching to the longer half life benzo's
    • Posted

Check out my discussion dizzy days it explains it quite well it will avoid repetition.... that is if you are interested.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.