Diazepam dosage

Posted , 5 users are following.

ive been having bad panic attacks daily and been pescribed 2mg diazepam but just doesnt seem to be having any affect, how many 2mg pills can i take within 1 dose without being a danger?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

anyone any advice?

• Posted

the best advice is what is on your prescription (probably take one up to three times a day) this is because they are EXTREMELY addictive if abused. I myself have being on them since last September time and if I am having a bad day I have exceeded that dosage but then try my hardest not to have any for a few days as they stay in your system for quite a while (long half life)

Some people take alot higher dosages and even end up taking xanax (which is alot more stronger I cant remember the exact amount but it is something like 1mg xanax is equivalent to 5mg diazepam)

like I say many do end up addicted though so just he careful I use them when I am really bad and can sometimes make 14 last 4/5 weeks but bad weeks can go through 14 in 2/3 days but this is rare

• Posted

Seriously - go to YouTube and watch the people suffering from tolerance to benzodiazepines such as Xanax, Valium, Klonopin - they are suffering terribly - some for many years! There is no good dose for these horrific drugs. I am sick of seeing people kill themselves because they can't stand the pain from akathisia, brain zaps, chronic rebound insomnia and anxiety - you name it. I was on these drugs for many years and I help people get off them now - these is no safe dosage because the drugs alter your brain chemistry and brain function and it can take years to get proper brain function back. The suffering is horrific for many people.

There is no excuse these days to be informed. Look for The Ashton Manual and learn how to cope with life without these dangerous drugs

• Posted

Where you not given daily dosage from your pharmacist ?

I would think that if 2mg is what you took, \i sure would not take anymore.

• Posted

2mg up to 3 times daily but just not doing anything im thinking i may need a higher dosage?

• Posted

the next dose up is 5mg i was prescribed these 3 times a day

• Posted

what was your experience? also are you still on it

• Posted

my experience was they were good for the short time i was given them 1-2 wks maybe i used to only take what i needed 1 sometimes 2 a day they def helped me through a pretty difficult time. there very good at doing what they ate prescribed for if taken in short periods at the lowest dose. imo 2 mg isnt even worth taking it doesnt do anything for me. i needed the 5mg and they worked well i had no issues stopping them and have used them once since. if only taken for limited bursts i think they do what there meant to but tolerance and addiction can happen quite quickly just be careful. in my case the alternative was hysteria so they calmed me enough to get through the worst events in my life.

• Posted

Why don't you learn what is causing the panic attacks and deal with that? Diazepam is addictive and it will lead most likely you down a road of heartache and illness. Just Google benzodiazepines and watch the many YouTube videos that show the heartache caused by these drugs - these people are NOT exaggerating. There is probably some kind of subconscious anxiety that needs to be released and there are a lot of very effective treatments like EFT, CBT or even psychology (not psychiatry) that can help you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.