Diazepam for a Week

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been taking diazepam for a week now. 5mg a day for insomnia and anxiety.

Am I in the danger zone for withdrawal and addiction problems?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

These are only for short term only, Usualtt a couple of weeks Anything ending with pam is.

I took clonazepam for 18 months. It was a nightmare, and even worse withdrawling from it which took over 9 months to do so.

I never want to go through that again.

When I went on them, it was for anxiety. BUT, at that time, I didn't know that benzos were addictive,

I then learned the anxiety I was experiencing was from stopping a beta blocker cold turkey to have an ablation done for my SVT.

If I had known this anxiety from a beta blocker, I would never have started the benzo.

Lesson learned!!!!!

• Posted

No one will know but you. If you stop taking it and don't have any unpleasant withdrawal effects then just stop.

I've been taking benzodiazepines on and off for anxiety for 4 years. Sometimes 8 weeks at a time and I've never had a problem coming off. I'm very aware of the potential pitfalls of benzo addiction and withdrawal so I treat it with respect and try to cope with the lowest effective doses.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.