Diazepam for flying ... I'm terrified !

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone I've got a flight on Sunday and I'm terrified ....to the point I'm not sure I'm going.

Had a bad flight a couple of years ago and it's totally freaked me out .

Has anyone taken this drug to fly ?

Did it help?

When did you take it and how much?

Debi X

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Debi

I take 1x 2 mg while in airport and then another 1x 2 mg when I am sitting on aeroplane. 

Mine is due to feeling claustrophobic so I sit looking at a magazine and not at the door when they close it.

good luck

G x

• Posted

I don't know about diazepam for the flight, expecially if you haven't used it before. I take benadryl...mellows me right out.

• Posted

Thanks .

Is that the same as diazepam?

X

• Posted

No it's an over the counter anti allergin, but makes people sleepy. Some people use it for sleep at night. Just an idea, but it looks like Pat has answered your original question.

• Posted

Hi Debi,  I empathise with you.  I have used Diazepam for fear of flying and claustrophobia too.  As the previous person advised, that is how I used the medication too.  It will certainly help your anxieties, however, there are those of us who detest flying and find it next to impossible to use this form of safe transport...I am one of those (even after many classes, counselling, etc) flying just isn't for me...but, if you can overcome the fear the medication will certainly take the edge off of your fear...just remember NO alcohol that whole day and night.  If you are not used to taking meds in this range the side effects will make you very, very sleepy.  Good Luck. I hope you do manage t,take the flight and have a great trip .

pat 

• Posted

I've taken a low dose of diazepam for flying 2mg did the trick for me.

• Posted

Hi Caroline

When did you take it and had you ever taken it before?

Debi X

• Posted

I've taken it anytime I fly Debs. Never had a problem with it it just calms me right down.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.