Diazepam next day hang over! Help

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was rxd celexa and diazepam for anxiety and depression.  I have only taken diazapam 2 days (5mg and then 1mg). I have been really dizzy and spaced out the day after taking it. I feel almost more depressed the the next day as well. Is this common? I think I’m super sensitive to medications.  I have been on celexa 10mg for 5 weeks now waiting for it to kick in. I have also tri d ambien cr 12.5 and it seems to do the same thing. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

This happened to me and the dr and my neurologist immediately discontinued the drugs. Diazepam is addictive too at any dose.
    • Posted

No problem.

I took 0.5 mgm and could not raise my head off the pillow. It is terrible stuff at any dose.

• Posted

I’ve tried klonopin as well it wasn’t as bad but lasted a very long time! 
    • Posted

It sounds as though you may be better seeking non medication t help. These drugs have so many side effects it is unreal. However I feel it important to discuss all other options with your dr. He or she can refer you for psychotherapy to unravel the cause of the anxiety.

Take care.

• Posted

Benzodiazepenes affect people differently. Diazepam can be too heavy for some people even at low doses and may be inappropriate for anxiety accompanyed by depression.

It could also be the interaction with other meds that cause the diazepam to hang around in the bloodstream for longer causing the extended hangover.

Lorazepam is a more subtle alternative, less sedating and shorter half life or Xanax (Alprazolam) which is much lighter, less sedating and shorter acting but more addictive long term.

• Posted

I did the Ativan for awhile. It did not help It made everything worse when I came off of it! I have now been in celexa for five weeks. My sleep is good now tooo good! I very tired all the time but maybe my body is just recovering for lack of sleep from the last year of poor sleep. I did take 1/8 of a sleeping last night and some magtein. I may just cut those out and see what happens. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.