Diazepam withdrawal

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi - I asked my doctor to help me wean off of temazepam as I`d built a tolerance and they were`nt working anymore. I was supposed to take 20 mg a night but found myself taking 30 mg - and so my prescription would run out early.

My Dr crossed me over to diazepam and I`m now taking 6 .50 every night. Trouble is I`m having terrible withdrawals - sweating, nausea, tiredness the next day and muscle aches.

I wonder if anyone is going through the same thing and would like to get in touch to help each other through this?

TIA

1 like, 52 replies

52 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Massage has never worked well for me ! I don't have muscle aches really,mainly tingling,dizziness, bloating! Some head pressure too! Of course fatigue and insomnia! Wow, that's quite a list!

Today seems slightly better than yesterday! Not quite so dizzy walking. I always feel worse towards evening though as though the V from the night before has worn off.

Hope the moderator gets back to me soon

• Posted

Joy, I won't cut for anothet7 days as I cut .1 mg every 10 days. That's about 7 1/2 percent a month!however, I had such bad luck with big cuts so I am afraid to do more.i get my smaller

Amts of V compounded and also order the two mg tablets. My pills cost about 50usd and the doctor's call cost

• Posted

Another125usd each month! So you should be grateful for your excellent healthcare system!
    • Posted

Hi Lily 

I discovered I can sent you a private message, I clicked on your name and found it there and have sent my email address.

My w/d certainly kicked in this morning, I woke at 5 am soaked in sweat and then dry retching again. I`ve taken one of the anti nausea pills but no relief yet. 

I made a mistake about my Dr and I don`t see him until Wednesday - which is good as hopefully that`ll give my body a chance to heal a bit more from this last cut.   I`ve stuck at 4 tramadol so far and wont reduce anymore of them until this latest wave passes.

Is your tingling symptom like pins and needles, I`ve read about that and I imagine it was a relief to not have so much dizziness yesterday. 

Your treatment is costing a lot of USD`s. 

Hope you find the private message and I hear from you via email.

Joy x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.