Diazepam withdrawal side effects.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was diagnosed with Fibromyalga and my doctor gave me loads f diffrent tablets which didn't help he was a locum the last lot I was on  was clomaxipam duloxetine techradal the same time before that I was on gabatan amitriptyline they didn't even e just made me feel suicidal I started self harming the so a diffrent dr 8 weeks ago stopped those and started me on 20 mg of Valium then dropped me down to 10 mg I'm tapering 1mg every two weeks im only on 8 mg I've got pressure on my bladder low back pain side pain feel terrible has anybody else had these problems please

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi carol44760

We note from a recent post which you have made to our forum that you may be experiencing thoughts around self-harm. If we have misinterpreted your comments then we apologise for contacting you directly. But if you are having such thoughts then please note that you are not alone in this, and there are people out there that can help.

If you are having these suicidal thoughts then we strongly recommend you speak to someone who may be able to help. The Samaritans offer a safe space where you can talk openly about what you are going through. They can help you explore your options, understand your problems better, or just be there to listen.

Their contact details are on our patient information leaflet here: https://patient.info/health/dealing-with-suicidal-thoughts, which also offers lots of other advice on how you can access the help you may need.

If you are having such thoughts then please do reach out to the team at the Samaritans (or the other people detailed in our leaflet) who will understand what you're going through and will be able to help.

Kindest regards

Patient

• Posted

Thanks for this it is valuable info. I have shared the link as it will help a lot of people.

Kind regards x

• Posted

YES you are one of thousands suffering like this due to these drugs.

Gabapentin/neurontin is notorious for causing suicidal ideation as are the benzos, lyrica/pregabelin etc, etc. Gabapentin and Lyrica were never researched and the dr concerned was jailed ,license revoked and heavily fined. Drs still prescribe this stuff based on NO  research . SAMATRITANS is 116 123 FREEPHONE. Entirely non judgmental and confidential. Please ring as you need support as much as possible 

If you google duloxetine/Cymbalta and lyrica lawsuits you will see how bad these drugs really are. My dr told me to take magnesium for the fibro. This relaxes the muscles. Benzos are sheer poison.  Look out for PM.

Take care. . 

• Posted

Carol Don't know why it has gone for moderation. Gabapentin notorious for depressive thoughts please google side effects. Forged research done on lyrica and Neurontin.gabapentin. Dr jailed.

These drugs are sheer poison don't worry will work out of the body . Try to stick it out in the meantime, plenty of support available from Samaritans etc. Freephone number I sent gone to moderator!!!!

Take care xxxxxxxx

• Posted

Hi Carol yes that sounds like withdrawal.You are dropping very fast.Ask your doctor if you can slow it down a bit.Doctors generally follow prof Ashton tapering plan but sometimes that can be too aggressive so go at a pace that suits you.Hopefully your symptoms will decrease when you stabilise and allow your brain to adapt to the dose you are now on.You will get off these drugs it is doable.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.