DIAZEPAM WITHDRAWAL? TINGLING HANDS AND RESTLESS LEGS?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

I wondered of anyone had suffered these withdrawal symptoms.

I have just started another reduction, only 0.5 mg/ day. I have been reducing at this rate for a long time.I have been reducing at 1mg per month, very slowly. I was on 19mg for a very long time and I have been reducing slowly and carefully but this is the first time I have ever felt these weird sensations.

I have tingling in my hands and fingers and the same in my feet and have restless legs.

My total dose now is 9.5mg so I have a long way to go. Have been on these evil drugs for 25 years and have been doing well but these sensations are puzzling me.

would appreciate any feedback, thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi, sorry to hear about these uncomfortable symptoms.

I've quit valium cold turkey just over a week and I have these sensations you are experiencing. Its

uncomfortable to say the least and I wish I knew how to fix it.

Had very unpleasant numbess ,tingling and restless legs yesterday and I'm relieved that it eased off a bit today, giving hope that it will improve, so I just take it one step, one day at a time.

Heard that long hot baths help ... just know you're not alone in this

• Posted

Hiya,

Thanks for your post and sorry you are going through these symptoms, vile indeed.

How on earth are you managing cold turkey? Must be awful.

Please don't risk your health by rushing off these vile drugs. I only say this out of concern.

I have been working with my GP and a local addiction centre for the last year to get this far but do not feel that they have enough knowledge of the withdrawal symptoms of prescription drugs as in general the work they do is for the most part helping alcoholics and those taking hard street drugs. This site puts you in touch with people like yourself who know how it really is.

I can only wish you the best of luck, please keep in touch if you wish,

Sending you best wishes x

• Posted

I am now 22 months post withdrawal. I was on Clonezepam and trazodone. I took 9 months to wean off. It was a nightmare. BUT......it is doable. With a lot of patience and time.I still have waves and windows.

I think any of these nasty symptoms you are having are in fact withdrawals. Whatever you are having now but did not have before is withdrawals.

I wish you the very best. You will be so proud of yourself once he get through this!!!!!!!!!

• Posted

Also please look into benzofree.org Tons of great information there. There is a blog and a podcast you can sign up for. The podcast somes to your email every Wednesday and it has so much information. I would suggest going back first and listening to them from the beginning

• Posted

Hi Lolasmom.

Thanks for your very useful reply.

I have read through a small portion of the massive amount of information on the site you recommended and found it very useful.

So many withdrawal symptoms which may or may not happen, it helps to understand exactly what is going on.

What I still cannot accept is how these drugs have been continuously prescribed to so many people and only now are they being recognised as addictive and as a result they are creating a world of suffering to so many people.

Where is the justice? Who will stop passing the "hot potato"?

well done to you for getting off these vile drugs, you have done so well and I wish you all the best in your drug free life.

• Posted

Hi Anne

Yes I totally agree with you. Doctors have no idea what this poison does to us. They easily dish it out, but when you need help to come off, they have no clue. Been there, done that.......

And then when you explain this symptoms you are going through, they look at you like you have 3 heads.

It has been a journey that's for sure. I would never have thought I would have to go through this....but I did

Please sign up for the podcasts...I actually look forward to Wednesdays when a new one come up

I am here if you ever want to chat.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.