Dibilating anxiety for a year now.. any success stories i need hope

Posted , 6 users are following.

Ive been Battling severe anxiety for a year now.. hospitalized 5x.. im on meds.. but still have it.. they said it's behavioral at this time.. any incite on Battling this crap.. im over it it makes physically ill.. I throw up all day just from nerves.. there's nothing to be stressing about either.. Im afraid of everything super hypervigilant to everything...please help

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Try to be around people as much as you can. I have anxiety bad,and its worse when im alone. Also tell people what you are going through,it should help,and is nothing to be ashamed about.
  • Posted

Renee, been there done that. I had anxiety my entire life, even as a little girl. I didn't realize that's what it was though until I got older. I had, ad mini panic attacks as a kid, and as a young teenager, but never to the point like when I turned 19. Let me tell you. It was awful. I woke up EVERY day already in a panic. I threw up every morning, I couldn't eat. MY hands were tingly all day. I felt exhausted all day. I was so hypervigilant that I would jump at my own shadow or reflection. I did not want to leave my house. My mom forced me to go to work, so I wouldn't lose my good job. I lost WAY to muchc weight all in one short month. I was at the doctors every week. I did ot know what was going on. I realized that I had bad anxiety. I opted to pay (a lot) to see a rea psychiatrist. He diagnosed me with Generalized anxiety, Health anxiety, panic disorder, slight, slight depression and OCD. He explained all of those tend to go hand in hand. You rarely meet one person who has one of those without the company of the other. For example, Anxiety & OCD are always together. I got on medication that helped me. For years. I went through some things a ffew years later that set me back, little by little and before I knew it, I was back at the doctor. They changed my dosage and it helped and then about a year or two later, back again because it came back fullfledged. Back to the doctors again. It disrupts my life. But today, I am in a good spot. I took up new hobbies, things to constantly distract me. I started forcing myself to be more positive, to counter attack all my negative thoughts with good, positive, happy ones, which can be hard when you feel like total crappppppp. It is all in the mental though. We all have the power to help ourselves. Use the times that you are feeling "okay" or "better" to work on learing. Learn all you can about anxiety, depression etc. Learn , read, research, watch videos. There are millions and millions of self hep books and millions of self-help videos, even a lot that are free o Youtube. I took up meditation and yoga. When the anxiety got bad again, I did meditation and yoga. Look up mantras. Makeup up your own positive mantra to help you when times get hard. Breath. Breathing will stop the symptoms of a panic attack. Panic attacks happen when there is not eough oxygen getting through to you. So take a deep breath in for 4 seconds, hold it for 4 seconds, release it for 4 seconds. Do this a few times. You will notice an intense difference from what your last panc attack felt like compared to when you breath. If you start breathing right before an attack kicks in, you can actually stop it right i its tracks before it begins. Good luck. Please PM me if you need to chat further! <3 

• Posted

Omg u are my twin.. I didn't explain all that in my thread.. but throwing up all day waking up in a panic.. hypervigilant about everything.. u basically explained my life just now.. plus im going thru a divorce which doesn't make it any better but u get the idea.. I need alot of therapy i feel like to get thru this.. im trying to put a think skin on for people like my child but it only goes so far.. my mornings are the worst n pms time.. which im dreading bc it's coming in a couple weeks.. im so glad u are doing better.. I need to get out of this Rut ive been in.. if I could pm u with forth er questions in the future is that ok ? Thank so much.. u made my night

• Posted

Yes I have OCD anxiety disorder in 2009. Really ba d I cure it my self. One day I woke up asking my self you really want to live in fears like this and answed my self not I must do anything I have to do go through pain and everything but I m not living like this hell no. I have OCD for about 11 months and it took me like about 4 to 5 months i never. Took medication i didn't even know it was OCD all my life to overcome all that anxiety it was really hard. But I see it like this you better overcome this or not life be cause living in fears is not life anyway I overcomed that and I have from 2009 to 2012 my OCD came back ;( I have 2 year and half without anxiety 2012 to now I still fighting ;( we can overcome this is hard but we need too the more we wait to overcome this the worse it get I been going through hell for 4 years I m not on médica because I was normal before without it why will I need now I just need I never been on it try explore and respond prevention therapy and CBT

• Posted

It's so difficult to get out of when ur brain is so use to negativity.. n the anxiety makes u physically ill. U don't wanna do anything which turns into depression which sucks more.. then u have to try to pull urself out of that too.. I need the motivation at this point.. I get glimpses are saying to myself " i will not live like this anymore" then I get fatigued or sick and loose motivation to fight.. n then that entails the vicious cycle of anxiety all over again.. I have ocd too not with rituals but with obessessing thoughts.. I hope i over come this soon.. getting sick of this seriously

• Posted

Yes it's is but try really hard to think positive I used to be so negative but now I try hard to be positive to do things that make me happy everyday I say today going to be a good day and my anxiety is going away because negativity fee anxiety I used to complain and feel depressed about chest pain dizziness headache all them bad systoms but them I realized me being negative about those symptoms keep feeding the anxiety to be more stronger that's when i stopped being negative about when you feel dizzy chest pain headache any of this symptoms breathe and keep breathing count to 100 and you will see how those symptoms disappear when you feel depressed remember this depression fee anxiety do something to distract your mind for obsessive thoughts I just let them go when they come in my mind I don't care how bad it's is how bad is the anxiety that the thoughts bring in I let it go and distract my mind before I know I m normal without thoughts and without anxiety that's how that circle work is hard to break but no imposible believe me I overcamed anxiety before without pills never been on pills it just that take couple months but better than living like this for ever right i overcamed before now is back have to overcome again take care smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.