Dicycloverine Hydrochloride for IBS - Side Effects

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello,

Thought i'd write a new discussion instead of linking to my other IBS one.

I am 20 years old and have tried lots of different tablets and remedies to calm my IBS symptoms. The main symptom is a constant rumbling feeing in my upper abdomen. I recently came off of Fluoxetine as the side effects were so bad I couldn't tolerate it. I am now on Dicycloverine Hydrochloride and have been for 5 days and my stomach is pretty much pain free! The only downside is that I have really bad rerealisation as nothing feels real and I constantly feel as if I am in a dream like state. Has anyone else had these side effects? Will they ever go away? It's so frightening! My heart rate has also slowed right down which I guess is a good thing as I always thought my heart rate was a bit fast. I also feel as though I have trapped wind in the left side of my chest and I have had this feeling for a few days. Any ideas or suggestions on how to stop this? At first I thought I was having a heart attack which doesn't help with my anxiety.

Many thanks in advance smile

3 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lauren.  I really would like to try to help you.  I personally have not taken any of their meds.  I have been able to keep my UC undercontrol with foods.  I'm just in the middle of a flare and this is what I'm doing and it has helped me.  SERIOUSLY!!!.  Manuka honey (expensive!!!!!!), intestiNEW, COCONUT MILK YOGURT.  And now I am eating my foods puree for about a week just to be extra kind and loving to my colon.  Your foods MUST change.  NOW not later.
    • Posted

Hi

Do you think this would help with chronic constipation

I had IBS but now have slow transit with wonky colon and CFS.

What dose of manuka honey and what do you eat?

• Posted

I had been in remission for the last 4-1/2 years until I just took an antibiotic for a tooth infection that totally wiped out all of my good and bad bacteria.  I should have never taken that medication.  NEVER.  Normally, I don't take any medications at all, but in this case I had no choice in the matter because my teeth were pulled.  This is what caused my flare.
  • Posted

Lauren if you do it with food you will be better off.  hard decision to make, but it needs to be done.  no starches, no sugar, no coffee, no soda, no chocolate, NO DAIRY, NO ALCOHOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! NONE! and for me, I don't eat meat.  all of my foods are steamed.  no preseratives, no canned foods either.  trust me, you will be just fine and you will feel better too.  slow process, but for me, I JUST DID IT.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.