Did a naughty and had McDonald's...

Posted , 7 users are following.

I went out last night and had a McDonald's (woops) first bad thing I've eaten. I didn't take my tablet with it and going to skip a tablet or two today. I've been on them for 2 1/2 weeks - usually how long does it take for the oil to appear roughly? I've had one accident so far but I wasn't sure what did it before as I had been following the 5g per 100g thingy so didn't know what made it appear before!

2 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Kat, I don't blame you, who can resist a MacDonalds? I certainly can't. And you've done so well so far so just don't worry about it and continue as before. For me, when I had my blow out at the weekend - which I did deliberately to see what would happen - it took about 12 hours to go (but I was contsipated prior to that so it may happen quicker for you). You've probably discovered the answer to your own question since posting earlier today!!!! I hope you are o.k. X
    • Posted

Haven't had anything come out yet! I didn't take a tablet this morning, just about to have a late lunch so I'm not sure whether to take a tablet or not with this lot! Will take a tablet this evening when I have dinner - doing grilled chicken with lots of veg so won't be too bad on the fat I hope! I've been vegetarian for 7 years too and have just started to eat meat again so gobbled a cheeseburger - bliss! I have no idea about chicken recipes I'm so rubbish haha xxx
    • Posted

Hi Kat, if you can be near a toilet then I would continue with taking the tablets myself as the outcome when eating fatty food is different for everyone as you know. I had to eat so much fat last weekend over 2 days to get a fatty you-know-what, but some people are having real problems and can't seem to stop going or have accidents (very unpleasant I would think). I would take the tablets as normal and see how you react - you live and learn by experience. God I love MacDonalds - it's the one thing that stops me being a veggie - couldn't live without them. Luckily I live a good half hour drive from my nearest one otherwise I would be forever popping in for them. A chicken recipe me and my son love is as follows for two people: 2 chicken breasts (skin removed), chop them up into bite size chunks and fry in none stick pan so you don't need oil. At same time put past on to boil. Add chopped up mushrooms to the chicken (you may need to add some fry light at this point) and I chop the mushrooms large, i.e just in half, as me and my son love them. Add a clove of garlic and half a tub of philadelphia light with garlic and herbs. Rinse pasta and add to the pan of chicken etc. and add lots of salt and pepper (or to taste) and then finally chuck in a couple of big handfulls of spinach and put a lid on for a minute or two until the spinach is wilted - heaven. I have some other chook recipes if you need them - just let me know. P.S got weighed at docs this morning and lost 1 stone - happy! Have a good day. X
    • Posted

that should read "pasta" on to boil!
    • Posted

Oooh that sounds lovely! Would that all be under our fat allowance with the Philly? Well done on the loss!
    • Posted

hi there i have just read your recipe you sent to kat sounds yummy :-)  id love some more recipes if you have any xx i have been on my tables 3 days now more constipated then anything?? When do you start to lose weight i feel more bloated then anything else x any info is greatly appreciated x take care and well done on your weight loss :-) 
    • Posted

Tablets lol not tables x
    • Posted

Hi, thanks. I just replied to a message with some recipes so take a look at that. If you don't see it, let me know and I'll send them to you. I felt exactly the same and it got worse and worse - had wind but not toilet and certainly no oily ones. Give it 7 days and if you still feel bloated and haven't really been to the toilet try having a meal slightly more in fat and that will shift it. I had fish and chips one evening after a couple of weeks of no weight loss and really constipated and I droped several lbs over the next couple of days. But be near a toilet for the next day as you may unexpectedly and immediately need the toilet. This has happened to me twice over last 5 weeks. Odd, but there you go.
    • Posted

Hi Kat, you are so good at your fat allowances, I have to double check everything. Half a tub of the garlic and her light philly is 10 grams of fat, so right on the button (as my recipe is for 2 people) and so when you add in the tiny bit of fat from the pasta and chicken, it takes you ever so slightly over, but it really isn't enough to have any effect and it isn't enough to make me toilet (but that's me). Or you can use the plain philly extra light as that is 5g of fat for half a tub between 2 people and you add extra garlic - there see, 2 options! Oh and another recipe we love is pasta, half a tub of extra light philly, marmite and spinach. You boil the pasta, drain it, then add it back to the pan with half a tub of extra light philly, large squirt of marmite and mix it all up and then you add handfuls of spinach, put the lid on and leave it a minute for the spinach to wilt, mix it all up and serve with salt and pepper - lovely if you like marmite. If you don't like marmite then just add the philly with salt and pepper and spinach. I love this meal as it's a good way to ditch meat if you are so inclined - which I do regularly. Oh and stuffed peppers. I did those last night. Made a mince bolonaise (as if making spaghetti bolonaise) but instead of making pasta, stuffed 4 peppers with it (cut them in half, took out the root and pips and put the bolonaise in) and then baked them in the oven for 25 mins (160 degrees) - it was heaven). You could use quorn mince or turkey mince it you wanted less fat than beef mince. Just deciding what to do tonight??????? Any ideas?
    • Posted

Hi thanks for reply yes i did read the reply you sent with meal ideas ... Brilliant a great help ill give them a go they all sound lovely think ill keep 1 day a week and have a fatty treat that day lol might keep me going did my excercises this morning on my wii and i was - 1lb ha ha probably becos i managed to go the loo 1st lol anyway thanks again good luck ill let you know how i get on you have done fantastic :-) xx
    • Posted

Awesome! Thank you so much, defo will be doing something like this soon! I've been eating gnocchi, it's so low in fat and because it's thick it fills you right up!
    • Posted

oooo yes, never thought of gnocchi, good idea. I'll try that next - that will work with garlic, philly and spinach. MMmm, making my mouth water and I've just had my lunch not so long ago. Off for a diet cup a soup......x
    • Posted

Weighed myself again and I've put on weight again sad feeling a bit disheartened! Having a day off today to eat loads as its a ladies night at my fitness club so I'm not going to take my tablets as tomorrow I won't be near a toilet sad I'll take them tomorrow again though. Got my meeting with my nurse on Tuesday for my checkup xx
    • Posted

Ahhh honey, you must feel awful, I really sympathise with you as I know how hard it is and how upsetting it is when that happens. Don't beat yourself up, have a great day, do as you please, and then when you get home start again. This is why they tell us not to weigh ourselves regularly as weight does go up and down by the day but I know it's hard not to. Have your good day, you never know it may make you poo for England and that can always help, and then start again tomorrow. Don't weight yourself, let the nurse do it Tuesday and you may find you didn't put on again. If you did, never mind, start again, clean slate. You know you can do it as you've done it before. Just put today and this week behind you. In the meantime, I hope you are having fun today and good luck tomorrow. Keep your chin up and keep going. X
    • Posted

Please would you send me some recipes as am new and really wondering what to eat.

Thanks

• Posted

Hi there, I have listed some ideas and recipes in my long emails above so have a look at those when you have a moment. And what I'll do is every time I make something that comes out well I will post it so y'all can try it and see what you think. You might also change them slightly and give me feedback as well as I pmay be in this diet for a while and don't want to get bored of what I am eating. One of the recipes I have tried this week is spicy sausage stew. I made this out if quirk sausages but you could also try the Linda Macartny veggie sausages as they are yummy but I can't remember fat content off hand. Anyway, using fry light fry up some quorn sausages, chopped up onions and red and yellow peppers. Add 2 cloves of crushed garlic, large tin of chopped tomatoes and tomato purée, tin or either red kidney beans (in water, but drain the water) or a can of cannelloni beans or burlotti or a mixture of all, tonnes of mushrooms, handful of frozen sweet corn and bit of water (depending on amount of juice you want as to what you are having with it - I was doing rice but Kat02 suggested gnocchi which I think will work brilliantly with this). When it is all bubbling away nicely add chillie powder or fresh chillies to taste (I only add tiny bit of fresh as don't like my food too spicy), paprika, cumin and an oxo cube - the cumin, paprika and chillies are all to taste but I add loads of these spices but more of the paprika for this recipe as I like it to taste smokey. Simmer for about half an hour and serve with either, pasta, rice, jacket potato, gnocchi or wholemeal pitta. 
    • Posted

Hi again, another couple of recipes are:

Boil some rice, in separate pan using fry light fry up chopped onions and mushrooms and add a tin of red kidney beans, or any other bean that takes your fancy. Heat up a tin of Baxters lentil and smoked bacon soup and then transfer the cooked, drained rice, the veggies and the soup to one pan and simmer adding in some prawns and a teaspoon of paprika, salt and pepper. Or just have the veggie option without the prawns. 

Get some Waitrose own brand low fat chicken noodle soup. Make 2 mugs of it (I.e 2 sachets) and transfer to a pan. Add some slivers of fresh chillie and fresh basil, 2 handfuls of fresh beansprouts, some very thin slices of cooked chicken breast and then serve immediately (you don't want the beansprouts or chicken to warm up or go soggy). Then as you serve sprinkle on some chopped up spring onion and fresh coriander (I add tonnes of coriander cause it's my favourite herb). If you are starving and doing this for the family you can make more soup and add rice noodles first so they sit in the bottom of the bowl - cook them first as this is a quick make meal. 

Tonight I made fishy rice - boil rice, bake white fish loin in the oven (I made cod) by placing in foil and then sprinkle with Chinese 5 spice. In wok fry using fry light onions and peppers chopped finely, mushrooms sliced thinly, and add garlic and fresh ginger (lots of it). Transfer the cooked rice, drained and rinsed, to the wok, add some veg stock (you don't want it like a soup but you do need some juice otherwise goes all gooey). Add salt n pepper, Chinese 5 spice and chillies if you want it with a bit of kick. Serve it in bowls with the fish laid on top. Or you could do this with chicken slices, pork slices, prawns or steak. 

A nice pudding is: core some apples, mix some raisins up with a bit of cinemman (not sure how you spell that) and canderel and stuff into the apples and out into the oven for about half an hour or til you can push a knife in. Serve with a diabetic vanilla ice cream (watch the amount you serve of the ice cream because although it is lower fat/calories than normal, it does have a fat content) or creme fraiche.

Cadbury hilights hot chocolate (I think it is better than options) - make a big mug and add 4 marshmallows. 

P.s. Forgot to say add salt n pepper to my sausage stew above.

• Posted

Hi there I have been on these for a week and had no weight loss having weetabix for breakfast sandwich for lunch and a main meal having fruit in between taking all 3 tablets feeling bloated and constipated could you give me any food tips or ideas to help me x
    • Posted

Thank you sweetie. You're such a lovely gal xxxx
    • Posted

Ah thanks honey, kind of you to say so. Hope you had a good day yesterday and got started again today. x
    • Posted

I have no idea how much fat is in weetabix and milk! I always do with breakfast (albeit I forgot my tablet this morning with my melba toast and rice crispies!) What kind of sandwich are you having for lunch and what sort of things for dinner? I've heard that a lot of people are constipated with these tablets - I haven't been constipated but not been pooping a lot if that makes sense! I had a couple days off of eating rubbish and had normal poos and now back to it today (MUST REMEMBER MY LUNCH TABLET!!) 
    • Posted

Didn't take them yesterday but ate relatively well, just had a couple of chocolately yogurts as treats and back to it today. Forgot my tablet with breakfast though as been a busy girl at work this morning sad
    • Posted

Well you are doing so well with your weight loss (as per my earlier message) so well done for getting back down to it. It's so easy to give up once you break it for a few days. I just had my first panic toilet moment - god was I sweating! I was in the car about 10 mins from home and it started to get really bad. I had to turn the air conditioning up full blast to get me home I was so hot and bothered and sweating - I made it with about 2 seconds to spare! And I hadn't even had anything fatty to eat since Friday evening. Sooooo, guessing these tablets have a cumulative effect and I won't suffer with constipation anymore. Hopefully that means the weight will continue to come off regularly. Did you remember to take your tablet at lunch? Don't forget to take it this evening. I'm off to bed now as feeling really sick, shaky and headachy - guessing that's a bug and not the tablets - oh happy days!
    • Posted

Hi how are you? Thanks so much for your recipes well constipation over lol but ive been on them a week now and yesterday felt like giving up! I only lost a lb sad i have been doing so well with fat allowance only did i realise yesterday i havnt been checking my calories !! I down loaded the ap my fitness pal it said im to stick to 1200 calories a day!! So far ive had 975 today and feel full as a gun!! Have you tried aldi speciality soup pea and ham gorgeous!! I had half a tub with a small individual bag of steamed veg added to it 1 slice of wholemeal toast really filling and tasty with fruit to follow so still have 225 calories if im hungry later is that how you have done so well counting calories too?? Im hoping i might start losing now as im totally disheartened i have 3 stone to lose sad x
    • Posted

Hi love thanks for getting back to me better day today not bloated any more (no what people mean with the oil!! Having ham or tuna sandwiches for lunch with a fresh fruit salad,chicken salad and jacket for dinner ,stir fry tonight with jelly xxxfopudd
    • Posted

Love the receipt could you send me some ideas on what your eating daily need help !!need to loose 3stone xxx
    • Posted

That is a brilliant idea putting veg into soup. I do that too, but haven't tried the Aldi pea and ham - I will give that a go as I love soup. Today at lunchtime I had Baxters chicken and black eyed pea soup - god it was gorgeous. Only 186 calories for the whole can (large one) and 2g of fat for the whole can - so I had the lot with a wholemeal pitta. Yes I keep count of my calories and fat consumption - I do it myself as I carry a little book around with me all the time and jot everything down - except drinks but that's because I only drink herbal teas, water, sugar free squash, diet fizzy drinks and they are all free. 1200 calories is pretty brutal - you'd lose weight on that even if you weren't on these tablets. I stick to 1400 per day but I had 5 stone to lose - only 4 stone now! Don't be disheartened because even 1lb is good. When I first started for 3 weeks nothing really happened other than constipation and I got to the point of having a meltdown and tears and then suddenly it started coming off. Some days my calories go up slightly to 1500 or even 1600 and some days they are as lows as 1000 or 1100 but what I do at the end of each week is work the average out for the week and so far my average is always between 1300 and 1400 except last week when it averaged at 1147 - which amazed me. Keep going, you have lost a lb so you are going in the right direction and that's what you want - downwards all the way! X
    • Posted

Hi thanks so much for encouraging me your a star!! Ill try that soup sounds lovely x when you fill it with the veg its more like a stew really lovely you will love the pea and ham from aldi its really tasty you will find it in the chiller its the fresh soup range xx ooh fingers crossed my weight drops you have done brilliant keep it up xx good luck x
    • Posted

I remembered yes! And this just reminded me to take my dinner one too! Oh I hope you'll be feeling better sad they do have a cumulative effect unfortunately that I've found! Xx
    • Posted

You'll get there hun! It's hard at first it might have been your calorie intake - if you don't eat enough you don't lose either because your body will store it all Instead! If you wanted to add me on MFP I'm kats0208 smile xx
    • Posted

Your weight will come off. You will have ups and downs, and tears and meltdowns, but it will come off and try not to weigh yourself too much - my husband tells me our bodies are like the ocean going up and down all the time but as long as the long term trend is down you are doing fine - who needs an encyclopedia? Anyway, keep going and soup is a blessing, if you get home and can't be bothered cooking etc. you can make a tin of soup and add rice, pasta or potatoes and veg and you have a tasty, filling, quick and easy meal.
    • Posted

Mmmmm just figuring that one out! But still feel rough this monring and have been up all night heaving and wretching - aches, pains, shivers and feeling sick this morning - must be a bug! Keep saying to myself "just think of the lbs you'll drop Nichola" - groan. Have a good day honey. x
    • Posted

Blimey, sounds like something I had last year, I dropped 5lbs in a couple of days because I couldn't keep anything down, but because I was so hungry I was getting excruciating stomach hunger cramps too, it was horrible :'( I hope you feel better soon xxx
    • Posted

Hi babes, how are you doing? Have you had a good week? I've been a bit out of action as I have been really unwell. I couldn't even keep water down and for 2 days did nothing but wretch and go to the toilet. Had the shivers and aches and headaches. I had to stop taking the tablets and my kidney tablets and everything else as I was just heaving and heaving. So I'm guessing the rush to the toilet earlier in the week was illness rather than he tablets which actually I'm a bit relieved about. Feeling much better today and so have started taking my tablets again today - trouble is I am so flipping hungry that I can't stop eating but in a plus I'm craving sugar snag peas and grapes! I tell you, since I started this diet I have become very aware of how my body is behaving and reacting to things. Anyway, intend eating normally today and will crack on with the diet again tomorrow as feeling decidedly wobbly today so just thing I need some carbs. How's things with you?
    • Posted

Blimey hun I hope you're feeling a lot better! Had lots of stomach cramps today from the tablets and had to go at work, no oil luckily but I hate going at work! Have a whole lot of sinus problems at the moment so feel like poop as well sad  I really hope that bug doesn't get to me I'm terrified of being sick! Things are good otherwise apart from not sleeping very well at all sad
    • Posted

Hi Kat, I know what you mean about going at work, I used to hate that too and would avoid it at any cost lol. Are your sinuses better? I'm all recovered now but didn't lose any weight. Weighed myself yesterday and zero lost - bummed out. Probably because I ate loads on Saturday including a roast chicken dinner and yes, I had the crispy skin, after being ill for the week, but still you'd think a couple of lbs would have come off! Must be my age! So anyway, back to normal and got back on the proper diet yesterday so fingers crossed I lose some this week.
    • Posted

Sinuses all good thank god!  I was so ill! Been absent from here for the past couple of days and I feel horrible haha, not weighing myself either though I'm itching to because my scales say different to my nurse and I don't know what to believe!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.