Did any one read my reply to one step from suicide?

Posted , 1 user is following.

im hoping someone read it and might respond soon. I know im being needy as it has only been 7 hours, but i need help...........

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Shot to Pieces

You won't be locked away dear chap. These feelings are 'normal', i know i've been there. Nor are you nuts - ok?.

I've been on flu since December last year and the first couple of months were hellish. So many side effects but stick with it..........and you can do it....and it will be worth it.

It's not easy being ill and although there is a stigma attached to depression you would be amazed how many people have it or have had it and come out the other side.

You have to believe in yourself and believe that you will get better. Be selfish and have some 'you' time.

Don't be too hard on yourself, it's not your fault.

Best wishes and take care.

• Posted

HELLO Meganpooch

many thanks for replying. I am feling much better again now. Just not sleeping.

Clearly these tablets were making my feelings worse. But i now seem to have come up a little bit and leveled out to a state of numb (not up not down).

Im glad to hear others have had issues too (although im sorry you did).

I am being good to myself (although i have been doing this for 18mths).

Thanks for making life easier for the last few days.

All i need now is some sleep - only had 3-4 hours in 4 days

Hope youre feeling ok.

• Posted

You are welcome STP.

I'm getting used to numb. It certainly beats up and down like a yoyo.

I know what you mean re sleep. Mine has improved a bit but i only get 5-6 hours a night since starting on the flu.

Its ironic really but since i started taking Temazepam for a couple of days a week to make sure i dropped off - i only get bang on 5 hours. Sometimes get more without sleep help.

I'm ok at the moment - thanks for asking, but i have just been on holiday for 2 weeks and go back to work tomorrow - gulp.

Best wishes and take care

• Posted

Hi megan,

been to see my doctor again today. He is really good and understanding. he is going to see me once a week for the time being and if i need to see him inbetween then thats ok (said if they say fully booked then i must say no he wants to see me and they will get me straight in). Im pleased that there is support from the NHS (maybe they arent so bad after all).

I had a full 7 hours sleep last night which was amazing!! but the doc also gave me sleeping tablets as well. Wouldnt giveme tamazepam as he said they can make you really depressed and would counteract the Flu tablets. You may wish to investigate this if you are still having issues.

Hope going back to work was ok for you. i Just want a job to go to in the first place (lol). I think that would really help my situation (been stucj home alone for 18mths following car accident), as my employer terminated my job 3 weeks ago.

Take care

STP

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.