Did anyone develop dysphagia?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello fellow GERD sufferers, 

can you describe me how did you develop dysphagia or any other LPR symptoms? Was it after LPR appeared or before?

How severe your symptoms are?

When does your heartburn start and how long does it last?

How was your upper endoscopy?

Thank you guys, 

Take care, 

Martin  

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I have had bouts of dysphagia where I spit up bits of food that didn't go down and full blown vomiting of food that I could not digest.  Mine was really bad acid reflux that came from a hiatal hernia.  I had a spinal injury that caused diaphragm muscles to weaken and thus my stomach moved into my esophagus and it has been a nightmare to eat or drink since.  I am living on liquid diet and water at the time.  If I eat food, I will have non-stop 24/7 burning acid in my chest and throat for 2-3 days so it just is not worth it for me to eat food.  The upper endo was not a problem, the camera found the GERD cells in my esophagus and found a 3 cm hiatal hernia.  

In the last three days I have been trying an old folk remedy that is gaining ground again of eating raw organic sauerkraut and bananas (not together).  The enzymes can dramatically help your stomach acids reset.  Also, get a good probiotic or prebiotic but food is best.   Try apple cider vinegar a teaspoon in a glass of water, it may drastically help.  If it makes you worse, that is a poor man's test that you may have a hiatal hernia.  The endoscopy should catch it.  The endo test is a breeze, nothing at all just don't eat or drink before as they tell you.

Make sure you are under anesthesia for the endoscopy.  I was horrified to read on here than many have been done while the patient is awake.  That is just inhumane. 

Blessings and prayers for full recovery!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.