Did anyone else get these symptoms from Fluoxetine medicine?

Posted , 4 users are following.

-Chest Pain

-Tight neck and hurting neck

-Bottom right of your abdomen hurting

-Dizziness 

(I'm 11 years old so it might be just my age on these medicine)

Also I use this for anxiety and the doctor told me that it might take a few weeks

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

yes, i get this all the time and i’ve been on it three years. today was the first day i didn’t take it because i’m going cold turkey even though i shouldn’t, but i can’t get in to see my doctor for 3 months. i just feel like this isn’t doing anything for me anymore, maybe it never did and i’m just now noticing 
    • Posted

Thank you for the help I feel way better now and I understand that it will take a while for it to take effect and get rid of these new medication feelings.
    • Posted

Please hun don't go cold turkey from Prozac!!!! You will regret it dearly , carry on taking them until you can see your gp!!!!

• Posted

i cannot wait 3 months to see a doctor, i  really can’t. i’ve already started the process anyways and i’m going to document my symptoms as well for anyone else who decides to go cold turkey. that way, i’ll post mine and if they don’t think they can handle it then they won’t do the same as me. 
    • Posted

That will be great! Everyone needs help... Especially when you get body pain (comes and goes)

Thank you to everyone this is the help I needed!

• Posted

So you're saying you got pain in your chest and abdomen and dizziness on your first couple weeks and it gradually starts getting less?

• Posted

Hi James, for me I got all of this and more. I dropped 12kg in 3 weeks. Most of the SE went for me after about 8 weeks, but they changed weekly - I was a mess when I went on it though. I'm just coming off it now and not having too many issues - just going slowly. Hang in there, it gets easier. 

• Posted

Thank you for the help I feel way better now and I understand that it will take a while for it to take effect and get rid of these new medication feelings.
  • Posted

Thank you guys for all the help it makes me feel really better! I'm 11 years old and I'm just really curious because since I started taking this I've been getting pain all over my body. The thing that sucks is I get a bit more anxiety from this, but I understand it'll take a while!

• Posted

Hi James , bless you , so young , yes I'm sure that the symptoms are related to the meds .Get your mum to take you back to the doc to chat , hugs xxxx

• Posted

So the side effects will stop because it's just normal for side effects? I think it's normal because you're starting something that your body is used too?

• Posted

Were all different how we react to meds James , have you full support from your parents and your gp? Your so young to be on these , that you really need to be monitored regularly darling , bless you
    • Posted

Do you mean I'm too young to be on the fourms or on the medicine?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.