Did anyone feel better after 4 weeks

Posted , 4 users are following.

I took 10mg for a week and have been taking 20mg for 3 weeks so 4 weeks in total now. I feel worse than I did before cos now I have no motivation either. Is it really still early days? Losing patience now but will keep waiting and waiting..

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

What are your symptoms Hun ?
    • Posted

Im taking it for depression. Side effects are waring off I just feel tired and have less motivation than usual x
    • Posted

It's natural to get depressed and feel tired, not all the time though.  Besides the Ssri not working are you eating well, sleeping ok trying to get some excercise.  

• Posted

I could definitely eat better.. I don't sleep well since switching to taking the pill at night. I was so drowsy taking it in morning and now I take it at night I wake several times.. I walk alot as don't drive so its my only way of getting about.

I know I need to just give it time x

• Posted

Hi I was taking 10mg for 2 wks didn't feel any different then went up 2 20mg and noticed a difference about the 6 week mark.it dies get batter but takes a while but it's worth i.X

• Posted

Was it a gradual thing or did you just wake up one morning feeling better? X
    • Posted

Hiya gradually starting feeling better after 6 wks and I didn't think I would ever get better it's awful isn't it.x

• Posted

These meds take months to work, not week I'm afraid.  It also gets worse before it gets better, so what you're feeling at the moment is quite normal.

Majority of people start benefiting around 3-4 months - some earlier and some later.

You need lots of patience on these meds.  Its worth the wait.

K x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.