Did anyone get relief from taking magnesium?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all,

I have AVNRT and am awaiting a second ablation.

But in the last few months I get a lot of flutters.  These seem to be after I eat and then I get a lot of gas and burping.  My heart does that lull thing. Just feels like a flutter.

I think it is aggitated from the gas ect.

Just wondered if anyone has experienced this.  I am sure it has nothing to do with the SVT.

I have been told that magnesium is good for that, and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with magnesium

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I can say, in the 20 years I've been dealing with frequent PVCs, I've tried just about everything that anyone has claimed helps reduce them. And I have determined that about all of it is complete bunk. The thing with premature beats is that they come and go as they please, which can lead people to thinking some supplement got rid of them when really, they just went away. For me they come and go for weeks, months, even years at a time. I once tried CoQ10 and though it was finally my miracle cure as I went years with very few PVCs, but then of course they came back CoQ10 be damned. 

That said, the ones with the best reports seem to be Magnesium and Potassium. Can't hurt to try but they don't do anything for me. I've found the only thing that helps me is weight loss / good diet / general good health and just learning to ignore them (it seems like the less I think about / worry about them, the less they happen). 

• Posted

Yeah, when you think/worry about them, they definitely happen more often.
    • Posted

I just seem to get them after I eat anything. Then I get the gas/burping in the centre of my chest, and the lull starts.  Once I can get rid of the gas, the lull/flutter seems way better

• Posted

Are you sure it's not acid reflux? PVCs can be caused by eating, and I know I've had some after I eat, but I also know that acid reflux can sometimes feel like a PVC. It's interesting how it happens after you eat and you also have burping..

• Posted

Well I can feel it, and I can see it on my  heartrate app. The beat just shows a longer spell before it come up
    • Posted

Its funny.. I was pretty convinced and still not entirely sure if I have SVT.. I thought I did..  Heart would take off racing like so unnaturally and so fast out of the blue..  Usually as im falling asleep.. or right before that early stage of sleep I wake up with a weird feeling.. I dunno its almost like a fear or something I can't explain it, but i know it might be coming,... sometimes it goes away other times it comes on strong and the heart starts racing... I sit there in bed just trying to cool down and throw the blankets off of me..  and then either in a few seconds, or a couple of mins the weird mode seems to dissipate and I feel like my heart is beating normally again..   I have had this for years.. 

I went to a cardiologist that was recommended a couple of years ago.. He gave me an echo, ekg and holter..   The results basically from all of it is him saying my heart was strong.. I didn't have any  pvc's or pacs in 24 hours which he seemed impressed about and the attack I got on the holter monitor wasn't svt, but a panic attack..  I couldn't really believe it.. I asked if it was sinus tachy and he confirmed..  After that the episodes got less frequent and they almost disappeared for awhile... when i got that feeling occasionally at night they were mostly like false alarms, or that the attack never followed thru... But lately after taking lexapro for anxiety, these heart racing things have been hitting me again as.  Sometimes when the heart really goes super fast I still am almost doubting its an anxiety attack.   Sometimes they seem like anxiety induced sometimes not. I dunno..   But I did get it pretty damn bad on the monitor and a cardiologist said it was anxiety..  

I remember the girl who put the monitor on me put the leads in a row under my left nipple.. found it strange.. i asked the doctor about it but he said the machine got a good read on me..  sorry for this long winded post..   Another mention...  I can usually feel pvc's and pacs when i get them.. I never notice any of those type of sensations before the fast heart rate..  I hear a lot svt is triggered by skipped beats. 

• Posted

Don't know if you wore a 30 day event monitor, but if you didn't you need to ask for one. My heart is good, but the electrical part is messed up. 

Linda

• Posted

No I wore a 24 hour one, but I had the attack on the monitor so he didn't give me anymore monitors. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.