Did anyone have a proximal medial opening wedge osteotomy for bunion?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Two surgeons have suggested lapidus fusion at the bottom of the first metatarsal bone and the other is suggesting proximal medial opening wedge osteotomy.  I'm concerned about losing the ability to flex my foot with the former (not because of shoes, but because of sports I love).  Has anyone had the opening wedge osteotomy and if so how did that go?  The same surgeon is suggestion a chevon osteotomy at the top of the metatarsal/base of the toe...and akin osteotomy to shorten the length of my second toe.  I appreciate any insights anyone has for me!!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Supposedly the toe next to the big one was shortened. Aaaa, I don’t think so. But he “fused” something in there cause it’s pretty dang stiff. (100 days post op. )

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.