Did anyone have an operation like me without a stone?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I'm 28 years old.

I had my gallbladder removed 45 days ago.

I went to the emergency room several times when I was sick. I felt nauseous, I vomited, and I couldn't eat because of the pain in the pit of my stomach during 2 weeks. But the emergency room doctor said there was no gallstones. So I was diagnosed with gastritis and returned home several times. When I went to the emergency room of the university hospital, they said the gallbladder was swollen. They said it looks like acute acalculous cholecystitis. So I had my gallbladder removed. I have not fully recovered yet. But I wonder suddenly if there is someone like me.

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

There are many who have removed gb for inflamed gallbladder, how do you feel after gb removal?
    • Posted

There are still a few symptoms. I still feel a little bit sick. But it's not as bad as before the surgery. Are there many people like me who have no stones? I didn't know.. smile

• Posted

I had mine removed 3 weeks ago, no stones.  I was having horrible nausea after eating and a dull ache in my shoulder blade.   They did a hida scan three years ago that showed it was good.  I finally insisted on a second one recently that showed it was very bad and had chronic inflammation.  My nausea is gone smile
    • Posted

wow You're like me! what are you eating? The doctor said I can eat everything. But I think I'd better be careful. so I'm having a low fat diet. how about you? smile

• Posted

Im not eating much of anything as I still have no appetite- soup, banana s, potatoes, applesauce. Started drinking smoothies with protein powder and almond butter.
    • Posted

protein powder? Does the doctor say you can eat protein? My doctor told me to limit protein intake.

I think I can't eat anything...😂😂

They say I can't eat fat, meat, protein.

What on earth should I have?

• Posted

I am 3 weeks post o.p tonight. Did not have any stones. Horrible nausea and pain in my back. After blood work and tests the hida scan showed my gallbladder was not functioning properly. Still have a poor appetite.
    • Posted

So did I. Horrible nausea and pain ToT....

I didn't test the hida scan. Only CT.

Seven weeks after my operation, I still feel uncomfortable in my stomach. 😭 I'm pretty sad..

• Posted

I believe we are getting better.

Let's wait a little longer smile

• Posted

No stones on first ultasound. No stones on CT. Tiny little stone on second ultrasound but thickened wall. 

Now awaiting surgery.

• Posted

Meeting the surgical registrar on the 28th of this month. It's taken me 15 months of complaining of  feeling really unwell to get this far, so hope it's not to long a wait after that.

• Posted

Hi Matt - How things are going ? is you severity in symptoms got reduced or still the same ? 
    • Posted

Still the same nausea, upper back pain, dark urine, light colour poops, bloated. The ache in my flank and ribs is constant. I feel so weak, i've been dizzy 24/7 for 27 weeks solid today and seem to hurt all over. My Dr has been no help speeding anything up or helping me and i'm going to sue when it's over!

How's things with you? Have you come to a decision about surgery?

• Posted

the 28th of this month? Oh...It's taking so long..I was sick for two weeks before the operation. But It was too hard..I hope something good happens to you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.