Did anyone have one swollen lymph node under their armpit?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am now almost two months in. I haven't had any swollen glands until recently and I just recently discovered what could possible be a swollen lymph node in my left armpit. It is sore, but when I touch it, I don't feel any bump. Could it possible an ingrown hair or blocked sweat gland? Has anyone else experienced his?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Madison,

I know for sure that the armpit is an area that they say is often affected in glandular fever because it is a prime area for lots of glands, I remember getting some aches and pains in that area. It most likely is a normal thing for a gland to be swollen in that area during the virus, but of course it's wise to check in with the doctor and have them have a look at it, and hoping they can reassure you regarding this. I had a very painful and raised gland in my neck which bothered me throughout, they did an ultrasound but the doctor said it was a reactive gland and just a normal part of the mono and it went away with time, although it took a while and was a real pain!

Thinking about you and remember you are going to get through this and get better Madison - hoping for a settled day today and remember just take it one day at a time, getting through each day with this awful virus can be so hard and an achievement it really is.

Craig

• Posted

I have a swollen lymph node in my left armpit as well. The doctor advised it was part of Mono. Luckily it is not painful. I did have my Obgyn also check it out and it was agreed too that it was from the Mono and to not stress too much about it being there.

Stacie

• Posted

Hi Stacie,

Hoping that your swollen lymph node can settle down soon, it is so frustrating these things when going through mono, hoping that the doctor's advice has offered reassurance regarding that, you did the right thing getting it checked out for sure.

Just want to reassure also that this virus does get better in time, all the symptoms - the fatigue, aches and pains, swollen lymph nodes, etc - they do all disappear completely with time, just frustrating it can take time for full recovery though so hang in there and hoping you things are settled for you today and for good health and fully recovery ahead.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.