Did anyone have success using Boric Acid for BV?

Posted , 12 users are following.

I've been battling BV since April and had used many natural remedies that failed(I refuse to use antibiotics because they destroy your body), apple cider, hydrogen peroxide, coconut oil, tea tree, etc. I'm currently using boric acid because I know that it is 90% successful at treating BV in comparison to standard antibiotics that they use. I used it sporadically for over a month and also did the regimen of twice per day for 2 weeks. It seemed to cure it, however, it came back full force again right after the period! I did not use it during the period and I think that's what ruined everything because the blood changes the pH levels and BV comes back! It always seems to come back full force the day right after the period and after sex. Does anyone follow a specific boric acid routine or know how long you're supposed to use boric acid for to successfully eradicate BV? Do you insert it during period as well? I would greatly appreciate any input! 

1 like, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Update: I used boric acid last week for 3 days and on Sunday  I used the VH vaginal suppository. NOTHING, I mean NOTHING has helped me at this point! There’s not one single day that i haven’t gone without symptoms of bv! Right now I have the worst itching ever and to make things worse, in having pelvic pain and lower back pain. I’m seriously concerned I might have pelvic inflammatory disease. It’s the only explanation I have as to why I can’t get rid of it. Antibiotics, and creams do nothing for at this point. Idk what else to, it’s ruining my relationship with my bf and not only my physical health but my mental health. I wonder about the day i will go without feeling anything down there but I’ve lost hope. Supplements haven’t helped me either : ( I wear cotton underwear and still nothing. Is my life going to be like this for the rest of my life??? 
    • Posted

I feel you. But never give up. Just keep on goung for everything will be better. Like some of them get rid of this BV. We can get through this. 😢

• Posted

Have your vitamin d level checked. I had the same problem for a year and a half. It was horrible. Vit D deficiency causes sugar intolerance and a suppressed immune system. 4 drs and 3,nurse practitioners could not cure me. Finally found out my Vit D was low. After two months of taking 10,000iu daily I’m all better. Hope this helps 
  • Posted

Yes, I tried Boric Acid Vaginal suppositories!!  My vagina ate these up just like candy.  Save your money and forget about Boric Acid.
  • Posted

I've dealt with BV for waaay too long. I purchased the phd boric acid suppositories and used TWO and all my problems literally melted away with the suppository. I also use the cranberry pills and the boric acid wash by monistat. apple cider pills, you name it. all great products!

• Posted

Boric acid is a natural antiseptic that promotes a healthy pH balance in the vagina. Additionally, it reduces symptoms like burning and itching as well as yeast growth.

The normal duration of usage for boric acid suppositories is 10 days, while relief sometimes comes in just 36 hours. To use, simply insert one suppository into the vagina each day. Be sure not to ingest boric acid, as it can be harmful if swallowed.

There is a lot to read and know about boric acid suppsitories here - https://borates.today/boron-yeast-infection/

• Posted

boric acid made mine worse. the person you are with could be giving you bv. try probiotics they can do wonders

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.