Did circumcision have a positive effect on your Lichen Sclerosus?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have had Lichen Sclerosus / Balanitis Xerotica Obliterans for 13 years and it hurts when I have sex. I am considering being circumcised as it is my foreskin that hurts the most when I have sex. I would like to ask you who have Lichen Sclerosus and who have been circumcised, whether the circumcision has had a positive effect on your symptoms of Lichen Sclerosus? Do you feel less or no pain when you have sex? I have been in doubt whether I want to be circumcised, as it is an advantage to have foreskin, as it holds on to the steorid cream (Betnovat 0.1%) and tacrolimus/hormone cream (Protopic 0.1%), which I use every day morning and evening. If I no longer have a foreskin, the cream will disappear into the underpants. Are there any of you who have experience with, for example, sewing a kind of condom that can hold on to the cream? Have you had problems with a hypersensitive penis because you not have your foreskin? Or does it diminish over time?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi mag, yes the circumcision will dry the area out & my LS went away, trapped urine between the foreskin and glans is a highly suspected cause of this, yes the circumcision will reduce the sex pain i dont have any at all now, i would go for the circumcision and hopefully you will not need to use the creams ongoing which is better as they can cause problems if used too long

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.