Did Dexamethasone cause my severe acute pancreatitis

Posted , 3 users are following.

1st feb 2014 started taking Otomize for ear infection which contained Dexamethasone, on 14th Feb 2014 sudden onset of Severe acute pancreatitis never had pain like it,I was in hospital for one week I have always been fit and healthy until then. I am now taking 2 x omeprazole and advanced Gavison when needed, I am on the mend with no more pain and feeling stronger the tablets will last a month. I am now on a low fat diet with no alchohol In my opinion this is not related to alchohol in my case.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Alan,

Do you have severe constant pain, or did that disipate while you were in the hospital? Did the Doctors check your blood for levels of amalaise and liapaise before discharge from the hospital? Just curious. Glad to hear youre on the mend...the alcohol was not the problem for me as well (birth defect) but I was warned to stay away or ill be taking my chances of much more pain.

Good luck

Paul

• Posted

Hi Alan. I would

Love to hear your story in detail. I am a medical professional and interested in stories such as this.

I have recently become aware of a possible correlation between this drug and pancreatitis in some cases.

Bridget40632

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.