Did I break my foot?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Two days ago I was playing tag with my little brother and I jumped over a hand rail and my left foot landed in a hole and got pretty twisted up. It hurt really bad when it first happened but I was able to walk on it with some pain. Later that night it hurt very bad to the point I couldn't put any pressure on it at all. I woke up today and it's still swollen and starting to turn purple. It looks like 3 of my toes are slowly turning purple as well and the skin around my toes are really dry which I find very strange. I didn't go to the ER because the people I was with told me it was probably just a sprain. I'm able to walk on it now without any pain, it just feels really weird and tingly when I put any pressure on it. I know I shouldn't be walking on it but I hate sitting all day ahh! I can still move my toes but not much because of my foot being swollen. I've always hated hospitals and doctors so that's why I'm putting off going. I've never broken or sprained my foot before so I have no idea what any of that feels like. If anyone has a clue about this or has experienced anything like this, please help me out! Thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You might want to get it checked out. Bruised usually means a fracture. If you hate hospitals which I do as well, go to an out patient facility so they can shoot a film of it. If it is in fact broken, quick treatment means quicker recovery.
  • Posted

Omg you have to go see a podiatrist, you don't want it to get any worse, I have no idea what damage could of happened but my advice is go see a dr. ASAP, Keep me posted, good luck!!! Ice always helps bring down swelling, Good luck,

• Posted

You need to go to the Dr. You have a long time you will need to walk on that foot.
  • Posted

You need to have it xrayed if broken you are doing harm everytime you walk on it and it will take longer to heal .
  • Posted

You must keep icing and elevating and see a Dr for X.ray , MRI and a podiatrist for the fact that they spend time to fully examine. Don't take anything to do with feet lightly - once you can't walk / run your whole health goes down hill and it's miserable ...

There are all kinds of foot injuries you can walk on but shouldn't - and you might be building up scar tissue etc 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.