Did I cause and worsen my scoliosis?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello, I want to know what caused my scoliosis. At 19 years I had underweight of 55 kg for one year and at late 19 years we found a 20° S curve scoliosis. I can also remember sitting unevenly with my legs on the table and leaning to the side in front of the computer.

Did that cause and worsen my scoliosis? Could it have been entirely prevented if I had kept normal weight and good sitting positions? Is it my fault? I feel guilty about it. What are your opinions? My doctors said they do not know the cause and if I worsened it since it's an idiopathic scoliosis. Thanks for the answers.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.