Did I get genital herpes this way a few days ago?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello, I'm a 29 year old girl and I wanted to know if I got something the other night. I got oral herpes for the first time 2 months ago. I know because I saw scabs for a week. About 2 days ago, I had tiny oral sore on my bottom lip. I shaved near my lip that was next to that cold sore. About 7 hours later, I washed that same razor with soap and shaved down there quickly Saturday night. Within 20 minutes of shaving, I got small cuts & what looked like small open sores right after & I’ve never seen it like that down there. Hurt to pee right after too. It was like that for 2 hours. Then I went to sleep for about 3 hours & when I woke up, it didn’t hurt to pee, and things looked normal down there again. It’s been about 2 days & I never saw any scabbing, still looks normal down there. Can genital herpes symptoms only last for about 3 hours & then go away? Could the razor I used to shave near my oral herpes or just shaving down there have given me genital herpes? Is it possible I infected myself with genital herpes from the oral herpes I have?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

yes it's possible to do that but it will be whatever hsv you have in the 1st spot. they sapap and water should kill viruse but how long after using did you use down there? can make a conclusion with out seeing pics

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.