Did I have a TIA?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all, i'm a 34 year old healthy woman and i don't take any medication. blood tests were normal besides some lack of iron/vitamin d and a little higher platelets than normal..nothing serious. 

2 years ago, i woke up in the morning with a really bad taste in my mouth & felt nauseated all day, nothing helped.. I went to this restaurant and it got better. Started telling someone a story from years ago and in the middle of the story i felt like the details blacked out, as if i couldn't remember the rest of the story, and in the same time i kind felt one of my ears was losing it's hearing (not totally), this event only happened for like 20 seconds or less and everything came back...altho i did feel tired and sickish and weak a few weeks after that..with bad diarrhoea. 

Yesterday i was telling my husband a story that happened yesterday night..and same thing almost - the rest of the story blacked out...it took me 20 seconds to remember it... I was fully aware of everything...and i had no other symptoms besides the blackout of the rest of the story this time.

Both times it was before i had some serious bowel movements...i don't know if there is a connection to that.

Is this weird? Does this sound like TIA? very scared...need advice...

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am not surprised that you are scared my sweet it must have been really frightening I really think you need to get to the doctors as soon as you can and don't get fobbed off without a scan of some sort to rule out a TIA it certainly sounds as if something was interrupted somewhere in your brain and you need to get it checked out asap keep us posted big hugs xx

• Posted

Hi

I have the same problem after I had. TIA 

Tried and bad taste in my mouth temp. Loss of memory. You should see a doctor and get MRI done as soon as possible 

Sorry to hear 

• Posted

Being low on iron and vitamin D are not no big deal they are very much a big deal. Both of them can make you feel horrible and I suggest you Google it so you can read the symptoms of both. Then you need to go see your doctor and tell him so that he can make the decision on how to treat those two deficits. And don't let him put you off. You also need to get a CAT scan of your head. I don't believe a TIA or a stroke would show up in a CAT scan at this time since it was two years ago when this happened. If the taste in your mouth is metallic or taste like metal that can indicate a leak of your brain fluid or something to that effect. I don't know much about that I've just always heard that about metallic tastes. Good luck with this I hope everything works out for you. I have a lot of lapses in my memory but I believe mine is caused by medication I take. But it is definitely scary.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.