Did i just have a siezure?

Posted , 3 users are following.

This is going to be a run-on sentence because I'm using my microphone.

Last night I was helping a friend trim his plants at night using green LEDs. When we came back inside to take a break I suddenly felt cold and my body was twitching as if I was shivering. All of the muscles in my body we're tensing up from my arms and my shoulders and my pecs and my abs and my back muscles and my legs were shaking and it was very hard for me to speak a full sentence without coughing cuz it felt like my lungs were sort of freaking out as well. I left his house and drove home in the whole time home I was stuttering and stammering and making grunting noises and just kind of trying to shake it off. I mean I couldn't even talk to myself in the car because I couldn't get words out because my muscles wouldn't let me speak. I made it home and I went into bed and laid down and went to sleep the next morning I woke up feeling a little unrested but fine. At no point in time did I lose consciousness, but I do remember sitting in the car when I got home and just letting it shake itself out and I felt like my body was just laying there convulsing, even though I was of completely sound mind observing myself doing this. I don't have a history of seizures but I do have a history of fainting.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

You might have had what they use to call Jacksonian Seizure, or a very strong aura. Great that it didn't brake through. One other possibility, since you don't have history is hypothermia.

• Posted

There are three different types of seizures The three more famous one are 1.) Grand Mal seizure 2.) Partial/Focal seizure 3.) Absence Seizure. I have seen the first two with my father. It sounds, in my opinion, that you had a partial seizure. Generally during a grand mal seizure there's a electrical storm of unusual activity in every part of the brain. A partial seizures are described as an electrical storm in only part of the brain. Usually you remain conscious and acutely aware of how strange the situation is with some convulsing and twitching as you described. 

In the future if this happens again I do not recommend driving, you could have had an accident if it because a grand mal seizure (not to scare you but it happens). I would book an appointment with your doctor and get and EEG test if you have not already to confirm if it was seizure and see if you are seizure prone. Those symptoms sounds similar to a very bad migraine I had a few years ago so it could be a number of things until you see a doctor. Also talk to your family and some select friends that you are seizure prone, educate them (and yourself) on common symptoms so if it happens again someone can take care of you. 

Read more about seizure symptoms here...

https://www.webmd.com/epilepsy/understanding-seizures-basics

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.