Did I overdose on Vitamin D???

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello, 

A few months ago I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, I asked my doc what were some good supplements to help along with pain control and he told me to take Vitamin D. 

I asked the pharmacist which to take and she told me to take Jamieson D 1,000u

She told me to take 2 a day... 

I’ve now been having horrible stomach pain and nausea for about the same amount of time I started taking them (along with a probiotic and Magnesium) reading the bottle now it says only 1 daily.. can this be the source of my pain and nausea? I have cramping in all 4 quadrants... 

Any help is appreciated

Tim

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi timlit2r

Recommended dsily dose of vit D is 400-800 iu...you are taking way over the recommended dose that can cause a calcium build up.and problems with your liver and kidneys. Your doc should have tested your vit d levels before telling you to take 2000iu which is way too high.. I don't know what country your in if UK everyone out in the sunshine will be getting lots of vit D....stop taking it until winter comes around and only take the recommended dose....

• Posted

Stop now till winter. If your in Britain this summers weather is worth 10 normal summers.

Before you restart have blood tests if it home uk it costs nothing

If your in usa youve got time to save

Big hugs Suzanne 😀

• Posted

I agree with the views of Mary. In my long life, i have noticed that some times a Doc prescribe a medicine which shows its adverse effects immediately. I am sure if you reduce the dose, you you will see its positive effects on your health and the problems being felt by you. Good luck.
  • Posted

Cur out all the supplements to see if you feel better without them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.